10 of the Most Addicting CW Shows to Binge Watch Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We all love to avoid all of our responsibilities by curling up in bed with snacks and a good show. Whether it be a comedy, a drama or a romance, a good show that gets us hooked in from the very first episode is so satisfying, it hurts to not be able to watch it at all times. The CW is just one television network that supplies our hearts and minds with good TV. Here are 10 of the most addicting CW shows that are binge worthy and perfect for avoiding all the things on your to-do list:

1. The Carrie Diaries 

Based on the book series by Candace Bushnell, The Carrie Diaries follows a young Carrie Bradshaw through her adolescence. If you loved Sex and the City, you will love its prequel! It’s set in the 80’s, so the fashion is on point and the music really makes you long for a time that we didn’t get to experience first-hand. The story lines are filled with love and the struggle to find it, and Anna-Sophia Robb does not disappoint as the iconic Carrie Bradshaw. Unfortunately, the show only lasted 2 seasons, but you can find both of them on Netflix now!

2. Hart of Dixie

Hart of Dixie tells the story of Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson), a big shot doctor from New York who moves to her late father’s hometown to take over his medical practice. Zoe struggles with fitting in but eventually learns to love the charm of the people and the small town. Filled with friendship, the struggle of feeling out of place and handsome men, this is one show you won’t want to miss! Catch all four seasons on Netflix!

3. The Vampire Diaries 

If you haven’t seen this show yet, are you even a fan of TV? The Vampire Diaries follows a young girl named Elena Gilbert, played by Nina Dobrev, and her experience with the Salvatore brothers (Ian Somerhalder & Paul Wesley), who are part of a group of vampires that goes back to the 1800s. This show will have you hooked from the very beginning, not only because of the mysterious town of Mystic Falls and the struggle to keep everyone alive, but mostly because of all of the dreamy guys in the cast. After binging all eight seasons on Netflix, you’ll fall in love with everyone in the show! 

4. The Originals 

A spin-off from The Vampire Diaries, The Originals follows the family of the original vampires and their struggle with getting along and surviving as a “normal” family. They team up with a group of witches in order to take back the city of New Orleans. If you fall in love with Klaus Mikaelson in The Vampire Diaries like I did, then this series will be amazing for you because he is at the heart of it! You can watch the first four seasons on Netflix and catch season five when it airs next year!

5. Riverdale 

Riverdale is one of TV’s hottest shows right now. Based on the Archie Comics, Riverdale follows Archie Andrews and Co. as they navigate high school and their dramatic teenage lives. The series has taken a different approach to the comics, though, and is much darker than you would expect. There’s murder, love triangles and lots and lots of mystery. Lucky for you, the show is only in its second season! You can watch season one on Netflix and catch up on season two on the CW app or on cwtv.com.

6. Gossip Girl

Ever wonder what it’s like being rich and living in New York? Log into Netflix and binge all six seasons of Gossip Girl now to find out! Blake Lively and Leighton Meester shine in their roles as Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen! Based on teenagers living in the upper east side of New York City, this show is full of a group of teenage elites and their trials and triumphs of navigating the city and being blackmailed by an online magazine who calls themselves Gossip Girl. This show will have all girls wishing they lived in New York and wanting to fall in love! 

7. Supergirl 

Based on Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-el, Supergirl tells the story of Kara’s struggle with acting as a human and as a hero. Living in National City, Kara must keep her identity a secret from everyone around her, while trying to keep the city safe. With subtle hints about our political climate and the inclusion of all types of people— aliens included— this show is one that will stay with viewers for years to come! Girl power is at the center of the show’s heart. You won’t regret watching this one! Netflix has the first two seasons, and you can catch the newest season on cwtv.com.

8. Gilmore Girls

Pretty much the best show ever, Gilmore Girls is a classic. Based on the relationship between single teenage mom, Lorelai Gilmore, and her daughter, Rory Gilmore, this show will make you long for a life in a small town with the most quirky people around. Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel really bring their characters to life, making you wish you could hang out with them at all times. While the show may seem too good to be true at times, the complications in other relationships and situations make it all the more realistic. After seven seasons that ended over 10 years ago, Gilmore Girls is still such a loved show, that it even got a revival last year! Watch all 154 episodes, including the revival, now on Netflix.

9. The Flash 

After the explosion of a particle accelerator, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) is struck by lightning and wakes up to find his entire world flipped upside down: he is now the fastest man alive. With the help of his highly qualified team, Barry must now save Central City from all other meta-humans affected by the same lighting as him. Through his struggle of dealing with the death of his mother and the imprisonment of his father, Barry is now fighting for his life and for those he loves. The Flash is one of the best super hero shows out there. By the end of binging its three seasons on Netflix and catching up on season four on cwtv.com, you’ll be completely entranced by the charming Barry Allen.

10. One Tree Hill 

If you’re a basketball lover, you’ll love this show! Unfortunately, it was taken off of Netflix this year, so you might have to scrounge up some money to purchase the seasons on iTunes or on Amazon, but it is so worth it! Based on half-brothers, Lucas and Nathan Scott, One Tree Hill follows the most beloved high school basketball players in North Carolina. The struggle between the brothers accepting each other and their fight for love and success is what makes this show so great. There are nine seasons, so make sure you set aside a lot of time for this one because you won’t want to quit watching! 

Gifs Courtesy of Giphy

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.