10 Little Mermaid Lyrics That Describe Coachella 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Today concludes 2 weeks of nonstop Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook posts about nothing other than Coachella! Nothing describes Coachella better than these lyrics from Disney’s The Little Mermaid

1. “I want to be where the people are/ I want to see/ Want to see ’em dancing” -Part of Your World

Ariel is on point with the FOMO of staying home while all your friends are at Coachella.

2. “You dream about going up there/ But that is a big mistake” – Under the Sea

After all those years of watching Coachella livestreams and vicariously experiencing it through social media, you’re actually at Coachella… but it’s so nasty and hot that you want to go home.

3.) “Darling it’s better/ Down where it’s wetter/ Take it from me” – Under the Sea

Post Coachella, you’re feeling so wise and sharing your advice to others.

4.) “There you see her/ Sitting there across the way/ She don’t got a lot to say/ But there’s something about her” – Kiss the Girl

When you spot someone in a super cute outfit and think “wow, we need to be friends!”

5.) “Wouldn’t you think my collection’s complete?.. But who cares? No big deal. I want more -Part of Your World

When you get to the souvenir tent and think about all the stuff you are going to buy.

6.) “What I want from you is your voice/ But without my voice, how can I-/ You’ll have your looks, your pretty face/ And don’t underestimate the importance of body language, ha!” -Poor Unfortunate Souls

While Coachella is all fun and games, there comes a point where everyone loses their voice. Like Ariel in The Little Mermaid, one must give up their voice in order to go to their desired land. 

7.) “Bet they don’t reprimand their daughters”  -Part of Your World

When you think about what your parents would say if they saw you at Coachella.

8.) “The newt play the flute/ The carp play the harp/ The plaice play the bass/ And they soundin’ sharp/ The bass play the brass/ The chub play the tub/ The fluke is the duke of soul/ The ray he can play/ The lings on the strings/ The trout rockin’ out/ The blackfish, she sings/ The smelt and the sprat/ They know where it’s at/ And oh, that blowfish blow” -Under the Sea

When you’re listing all the artists you saw at Coachella and the list goes on and on and on.

9.) “What would I give to live where you are?/ What would I pay to stay here beside you?/ What would I do to see you smiling at me?/ Where would we walk?/ Where would we run?… I don’t know when, I don’t know how/ But I know something’s starting right now”  -Part of Your World

When your favorite artists looks straight into your eyes during their set and you start planning your life together.

10.) “You poor unfortunate soul” -Poor Unfortunate Soul

When you go home and realize how much money you spent at Coachella.

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com