This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Year
: 1st
Relationship Status: He’s single, ladies!
Major: Biological Sciences
Hometown: Diamond Bar, CA
Sign: Libra
Campus Involvement: Right now I am just focusing on school, but I might rush for a frat next year!

What’s a hobby that defines you?
On my free time, I love to play the guitar and make YouTube covers. Playing guitar is awesome because it is such a fun instrument to play and a great way to express my emotions. Plus, girls dig guys who play the guitar!

How long have you been playing guitar?
I’ve been playing guitar since sophomore year of high school when I got it for a Christmas gift. When I was bored, I would pick up the guitar and start learning popular songs from YouTube. I saw learning guitar as a fun challenge and it’s stuck with me since.

So I heard you have a YouTube channel. What was your inspiration for making one?
I decided to upload covers on my regular YouTube channel so that I could share with others what I like to do in my free time. I thought uploading videos would be a great way to pursue my passion, as well as to gather some feedback about my music.

Current song on repeat: I am currently addicted to the song Pay Phone by Maroon 5. It’s super catchy and I’m considering doing a cover of it on my YouTube channel.

If you were to serenade a girl, which song would you choose?
I would choose the song Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. I believe every girl deserves to feel special and I think this song would put a smile on any girl’s face.

What do you look for in a girl?
What I really look for in a girl is personality. I love a girl who is able to take a joke or keep up with a conversation. I also think it’s pretty cute when a girl can sing so that we can have jam sessions together.

What is your idea of the perfect date?
I think it would be really cool to cook dinner with her and then end the night by cuddling and watching a funny movie together.

What is your biggest turn off?
I really hate it when girls are rude and inconsiderate. No one’s perfect and to be judgmental of others really turns me off.

Do you have a favorite memory of your 1st year?
My favorite memory is just hanging out with all my new friends in my hall and staying up late doing stupid things with them.

Plans for after college?
My goal is to go to med school, but if that doesn’t work out I’ll probably pursue something in health. I would also like to learn how surf and someday move to New York.

Rebecca grew up in Hercules California (Norcal), but now lives in Orange County (Socal). She is a senior psychology and social behavior major and management minor at the University of California, Irvine. Rebecca is currently the Co-president/Correspondent at UC Irvine Her Campus Branch and served as the branch's  Social Media Director during the 2010-2011 school year. She traveled around the globe this summer to Paris, Munich, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Venice, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Honolulu after studying abroad in London. It was an AMAZING experience. At UC Irvine she is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta.