YWLP’s Slam Dunk for School Safety

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The University of Central Florida Young Women Leaders Program is a mentoring program in which UCF women go to three local middle schools to pair up with “little sisters” and create a special bond with the girls. The program’s purpose is to guide emerging leaders and teach these 7th grade girls about respect, self-esteem, and leadership skills.

This Saturday, February 18, YWLP is having a “Slam Dunk for School Safety” Basketball Tournament at Faith Outreach Church in Oviedo. From 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., attendees to this first-ever YWLP fundraiser will have a blast participating in the tournament, socializing with community members and friends, eating delicious goods from the bake sale, listening to musical entertainment, and winning raffle prizes!

Admission is $5 per adult (12 & up), $3 per child (6 – 11) and FREE for children under the age of 5!

Come out and support your UCF Young Women Leaders and the wonderful middle school girls!

To register a basketball team, or for additional information about the event, check out the Facebook event page here.

We hope to see all of you there!