Yes, I’m a girl. Yes, I watch Sports.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Ladies, we’re in the midst of one of the greatest times of the year right now. We can finally start breaking out the fall clothes and start wishing for cold fronts to come in hopes of having a good hair day. All that’s great, but really, it’s the greatest time of the year because it is a sports fan’s heaven on Earth. Postseason baseball.  The NFL. College Football. What is a girl to do?

This is the time of year where we can lose our boyfriends or join them. Being into sports is something a guy can find very unique in a girl. Usually, when guys talk about sports, girls just sit there and ponder what they’re going to wear out that night or complain about how stupid sports are. It’s pretty impressive when a girl can chime in with actual knowledge of what’s going on in the sports world.  Instead of Facebook creeping that girl you just can’t stand, go to ESPN.com and check up on all the latest sports news. I promise it will be more entertaining than whatever she’s doing!

Now, I know what you’re all thinking, “Those jerseys are just hideous, and I am not wearing one.” Well, you don’t have to. Designers such as Alyssa Milano have made special lines for the NFL and MLB. You can be a fan and still be stylish! Of course, we all love Victoria’s Secret, and they gave us female sports fans something extra to cheer about this season when they came out with their NFL line in all 32 teams! I, as a crazy, die-hard, sports fan, have already ordered half the line. There is nothing better than lounging on a Football Sunday on the couch in comfy Pink sweats still cheering for your team.

We have two ways to draw those sports-fanatic boys in: With our perfected knowledge of sports (Thanks SportsCenter!), and our stylish outfits. How can anyone pass up a girl who loves sports?! But we do have a few things to be careful of. It can be fun to have your leading man teach you the sporting basics, but be careful of asking silly questions. The rule “there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers” does not apply in this scenario. Take it from someone who asked at a football game where the yellow first down line was. I was 13-years-old when that happened, and I will still never be able to live that down. But hey, everyone’s gotta learn sometime, right? Also be careful not to get too intense and always keep it classy. It’s barely okay for guys to be throwing things and yelling obscene words at the television, so it’s definitely not okay for us to do it! Get excited for big plays like homeruns, grand slams, touchdowns and big first down plays. Just try to keep it cool when you’re team isn’t doing so well. It’s never attractive to be more into it than the guys you’re with!

So girls, don’t be afraid to root for your teams loud and proud and look cute while doing so! And don’t forget to tune in to SportsCenter every now and then to keep up-to-date on all the latest sports news.