Women Can’t be President? T.I., go Back to ’05

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Turns out, Clifford isn’t just a fun, big red dog. Clifford is a man who embodies everything sexist and illiterate a human could possibly encompass. 

This week, rapper Clifford Joseph Harris, AKA, T.I., decided to give us another peek into his degrading, fantasy, world by discussing politics, saying he wouldn’t vote for a female because they make “rash decisions” and would mistakenly set off a nuke. Okay, T.I. you’re not that hard, you’re name is Clifford. Sit down.

My friend said it perfect; “I think if T.I. is going to go with stereotypes, I might as well say something like “I’m never going to vote for a man because he might forget to approve a bill like he forgets to put the toilet seat down.” Ha. The list could go on forever, if you want to point fingers, Clifford.

“…the world ain’t ready yet. I think you might be able to get the Loch Ness Monster elected before you could [get a woman].” – T.I.

And I think you’d be at the bottom of the list, because you can’t form gramatically correct sentences and have no comprehension of the English language.

I think Oprah’s response embodies how we all felt about his opinions.

T.I lives in a world where women are used. It’s in his music, in how he treats Azalea, and its in how he has ignored all the accomplishments of females in hip hop because it doesn’t profit him. T.I hasn’t released any solo music in years and sadly, he uses women to keep himself relevant. But yet, he’s still irrevelant. I mean, should we even be surprised? He “crowned” Iggy Azalea the best female rapper of our time when Nicki Minaj CLEARLY breathes success and walks among us, so he’s insane and no one should listen when he opens his mouth. To even THINK about comparing Minaj to Azalea is just…I mean HOW DARE YOU?! Regardless, at this point, do we even need more proof that he lives in an alternate reality? Not really.

This is just so ridiculous though, I can’t even be upset about it. T.I has had his own past with “rash decisions”(his many felonies), so he is just making himself more of a joke as he continues to speak. I’m sorry, but I don’t listen to a man who was sent to prison for three years for drugs and providing FALSE INFROMATION. Ironic, much? Nah. He must have been on something, though, to even say that a women can’t be president. SEXIST MEN NEED TO WAKE UP. If Bruce Jenner can change to Caitlyn Jenner in the 21st century, a woman can damn well be President of the United States.

I must question though, what’s the ideology behind people’s idiocy that talk this way about women? To discourage budding female leaders? Is that the advice they give their girlfriends, daughters and nieces? “Stay in your lane, you’re a woman,” I HOPE NOT! Do men not want more for women than to just be submissive to the males in their lives because they can’t help but make “rash decisions?” You are oh so wrong. You don’t want to see anyone else successful because you’re too scared it’ll swipe your man card away, and women will actually get the recognizition they deserve in empowered positions.

Clifford, every women hates you. This is the question I have for men who agree with his sexist statements,

What kind of future are you trying to build?

I hope you think about that before you decide to make ignorant, RASH, comments.

And pssh, his apology wasn’t even sincere.

Photo credit:

www.huffingtonpost.com

http://i.imgur.com/Arrntcs.gif

Shanelle is pursing an Interdisciplinary degree at UCF with concentrations in Biomedical Sciences and Health Sciences, accompanied by a minor in Magazine Journalism. She has a great love for literature, music and nature, and in her free time she enjoys baking, cooking, painting, knitting, basically creating anything with her hands. But her desire to create and explore is often overcomed by her need for hot tea, naps and Netflix marathons. 
UCF Contributor