Why You Should Join Her Campus UCF!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If you don’t already know, Her Campus is the #1 online magazine for college women—that in itself is pretty amazing. Whether you’ve read all our articles, only have heard the name, or still have no idea what I’m talking about; hear me out. Have you ever dreamed about writing for Seventeen or People magazine? Well, I have too, which is why I got involved with Her Campus UCF in the first place. I strongly advise all the beautiful, young, aspiring writers out there to do the same!

Being the very confused and uninformed sophomore I was, when I went on the Her Campus website, I applied to write for Her Campus Nationals (instead of UCF’s chapter). Yeah, ooops. I was a little too eager and I had no idea what I was doing. I realized to join, you have to get in contact with your school’s awesome Campus Correspondent(s), and thank goodness I did! Her Campus at UCF is a chapter of the national organization, HerCampus.Com.

So, for all of you who are in the same boat I was and have no clue where to start, shoot an email to our Campus Correspondent for details on how to get involved each semester! Trust me, you won’t regret it and here’s why:

Her Campus is a registered student organization! We are a club that allows you to be a publicized writer. Who even knew such a thing existed?!?

Everyone is so nice. I’ve never met a cooler group of girls! We all are very different, but share a love for writing, creativity, and using Her Campus as an expressive outlet to show what we are passionate about. We’ve all become friends and respect each other’s work, we share the same goals of making Her Campus UCF widely known in school and in the community.

The freedom to express ourselves and write about anything (that doesn’t promote drugs, alcohol, etc.) is the ultimate best, Whether you are the DIY queen, the advice giver, or the sarcastic blogger, there’s always room for everyone’s voice to be heard. From beauty to breakups, something during your week will inspire you to write.

Her Campus allows you to gain experience in writing for an online magazine, and if this is what your future endeavors include, please join. Don’t be intimidated because you don’t think you’re a good enough writer. It takes time to find your niche and your voice, but if you’re dedicated and love writing it’ll come! There’s also girls who hold executive positions who are there to help you. Trust me, you will get anxiety when your first article goes live, but take a chance and just have fun during the process.

There’s a fit for everyone. Her Campus loves writers, of course, but also moving up in the club you can hold an executive position as someone in charge of our graphic designing, social media, editing, and so much more. So if you have a knack for something other than writing, you can bring your other creative abilities to the table.

We host fun events! If you’re more into the marketing/event planning aspect there’s room for you too. The 1st ever Her Campus Southern Charm Tour just kicked off at UCF last week! HC is sponsored by such great companies like LUNA Bar, European Wax Center, and Intel, who also joined us on campus! HC UCF lets you get involved and connect with so many different people.

There’s over 250 schools who have Her Campus chapters and it’s still growing! How insane. Being a part of your school’s Her Campus actually means you’re a part of something so much bigger. Reading and sharing other university’s articles from around the country, as well as our own, is great because we all love Her Campus and we are just spreading the talent!

If any of the above interest you, don’t hesitate to join. You won’t regret it! Follow us on social media to read our chapter’s articles and support us. We write essentially for you! We try to make our articles relatable, school spirited, and entertaining because we love what we do and we would love if you joined us. 

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @HerCampusUCF

For updates on Her Campus Nationals:

Instagram and Twitter: @HerCampus

Facebook: HerCampus.com

Also, The Her Campus Guide to College Life book is on sale! If you want a good read on “insider tips for the best four years of your life” you should check it out. The book is written by Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Annie Chandler Wang, Windsor Hanger Western, and the Editors of Her Campus.

HCXO

Gabby is a senior advertising and public relations major who loves Taylor Swift, iced coffee, anything that sparkles, and writing. Her favorite fictional character is Jenna Rink from 13 Going on 30, because she plans to be a "big time magazine editor" one day. Gabby is the the president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus at UCF and a contributing blogger for the Huffington Post. When she isn't writing (which isn't very often), you'll always find Gabby sitting front row of every UCF football game, at Starbucks, or watching re-runs of "Friends." She's got a fascination with New York City, and aspires to work in digital journalism. Follow Gabby on social media if you're interested in the commentary of an average 20-something, food, and the more-than-occassional selfie. Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest
UCF Contributor