Why You Need to Go on a Disney Cruise for Your Next Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With summer just around the corner, it’s time to plan out your next vacation! There’s no better way to take a break from all the stress in life than to spend it relaxing on a cruise. Cruises are a unique form of travel that’s filled with adventure and memories that’ll last a lifetime. While there are many different cruise line options to try, nothing beats the Disney Cruise Line. The Disney Cruise Line currently operates four ships which are the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder with the brand new Disney Wish coming in a few months. It’s definitely more pricey compared to other cruises, but with all the magic and happiness that DCL has to offer, it’s worth the extra cash. Here are some reasons why you should go on a Disney Cruise for your next vacation:

castaway cay

A big favorite of Disney cruisers is Castaway Cay. Castaway Cay is Disney’s private island in the Bahamas. All Disney Bahamian and Caribbean cruises stop at this port of call. This island is literally paradise with its white sand beach and clear aqua waters. Castaway Cay offers many different excursions and even has a special adult-only beach called Serenity Bay. This island is always the highlight of a Disney cruise.

broadway level live shows

An enchanting part of the Disney Cruise is the live shows. Their live shows are Broadway-tier productions with very intricate sets and whimsical costumes. Not to mention the casts’ amazing acting and voices. Each ship features a different show and my personal favorite is the Beauty and the Beast show on the Disney Dream.

Fireworks at sea

An interesting fact is that DCL was the first cruise line to have fireworks at sea! Nothing else is more magical than seeing the awe-inspiring display of fireworks light up the sky in the middle of the ocean. It’s truly a magical experience!

Amazing Guest service

The main factor that sets Disney Cruise Line apart from other cruise lines is its amazing guest service. From the moment that you step on the ship, they are treating you like royalty. The crew members go all out to make sure that you are having the time of your life. Even the dinner waitstaff follows you for every dining rotation so that families can get individualized attention which makes you feel very special. Everyone is so kind and hospitable which really makes the experience unlike any other.

Go book that Disney Cruise right away because they’re filling up quickly! I do have to warn you that once you go one, there’s no going back to other cruise lines. Have a great summer break!

Carissa is a senior majoring in Communication with a focus in business. When she's not writing, she loves to spend her free time online shopping, reading romance books, traveling, and going to theme parks!