This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Fall semester is coming to an end which means taking on the challenge of tackling finals. However, it is important to note that after finals comes winter break. Out of all the breaks and holidays that we have there is no way that any of them beat Christmas, and here are some reasons why. 

Spending time with family

For those who couldn’t return home over Thanksgiving break or even those of us that get homesick easily, being away from family can be hard. With the final days dwindling by, you can now go home and be with the ones you love. Perhaps being with them 24/7 over break might make you crazy, but family is family and you love them regardless.

No more responsibilities

Christmas break also means college students can go home and comfortably curl up in a blanket with their cat and watch Netflix (or Disney+) for the entire break. No more professors, no more study cramming and you can stay up all night binge-watching Friends instead of working on an assignment.

Christmas music

If you find yourself in a car skipping through radio stations, I guarantee that every other station around Christmas time is playing Christmas music. It is a great way to get into the spirit of Christmas and you also don’t have to listen to the classics 24/7. Nowadays, there are a lot more contemporary and modern Christmas songs being played by artists like Pentatonix. Also, can we all agree that Michael Bublé only comes out during the Christmas Holiday season?

Christmas movies

Whether you love the cheesy Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, the classics, or both, you have all the time in the world to watch them. Grab some friends, hot cocoa and watch classics such as How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Santa Clause and Elf.

The gift of giving and receiving

Who doesn’t love getting fuzzy socks for Christmas? Being college students, we are constantly boolin’ of a budget. If you and your friend group are looking for ideas, try doing a Secret Santa gift session instead of needing to get a bunch of individual gifts. Sometimes parents don’t always know what to get you since you’ve been away at college, so they usually get you the things you’ve been asking for during your entire teen years: money, gift cards, socks. I’m sure we’ll take anything after eating ramen and pulling all night study sessions.

With the semester ending, Christmas comes spreading holiday joy. You can relax, go make some extra spending money at work, reunite with old friends and eat all the candy canes you want.  

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Hyasha is a sophomore majoring in marketing at the University of Central Florida. She was born and raised in England which sparks her love for travel. She also has a love for sports, hoping to take her degree into sports marketing. When she is not doing homework you can find her by the pool, eating, or watching something comical.
UCF Contributor