This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

After the release of Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home, the buzz on Marvel has never been higher. So what’s next in 2022 for Marvel? Here’s what we know so far

This article may contain spoilers for movies and shows within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Reader discretion is advised.

Moon Knight (March 30, 2022)
Video: Marvel Studios

Coming to Disney+ March 30th, Moon Knight! Starring Oscar Isaac as Moon Knight, the movie will focus on Steven Grant a gift shop employee who starts to have blackouts and memories of a life that is not his own. Grant finds out that he has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As enemies approach, both Grant and Spector have to work together while working through a deadly mystery amongst the most powerful gods of Egypt.

Doctor Strange in the multiverse of madness (May 6, 2022)
Video: Marvel Studiosz

Coming to Theaters on May 6, Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness! This is the second Doctor Strange movie that Marvel has released. However, the character has been featured heavily in other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past couple of years. This movie will star many of the characters that are linked to Doctor Strange’s story such as Benedict Wong as Wong and Rachel McAdams as Christine. We also see the familiar face of Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff fresh off her time in Westview. This movie will follow Stephen Strange as reaps the consequences of using a forbidden spell to open a portal to the multiverse unleashing a big threat.

THOR: LOVE and Thunder (JULY 8, 2022)

Coming to Theaters on July 8, Thor: Love and Thunder! This fourth installment in the Thor franchise has been delayed heavily because of the pandemic and was originally supposed to be released in November of last year. The cast will include Thor alums such as Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Also, other Marvel alums on the cast list are Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/ Hulk, Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Starlord, alongside the rest of the Guardians crew. At the End of Avengers: Endgame Thor leaves New Asgard and boards a ship to travel through space with The Guardians of the Galaxy. We can expect that this is where Thor: Love and Thunder will pick up and will flow into the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 movie that is set to debut May 5, 2023.

“Asgardians of the Galaxy back together again” -Thor (Avengers: Endgame)

This film will debut a few new characters into the MCU including the Greek God Zeus, leading us to wonder if he will be a friend or foe. Christian Bale will star in the movie playing Gorr the God Butcher, the villain in the upcoming film. As of right now, this is pretty much all we know.

Ms. Marvel (Summer 2022)
Video: Marvel Entertainment

Coming to Disney+ in Summer 2022, Ms. Marvel! The series will star Iman Vellani who plays Kamala Kahn, a 16- year old Pakistani American who lives in Jersey City. Kahn is the first Muslim superhero to headline a Marvel comic book! Kamala Kahn is just a normal teenager who loves to game and loves superheroes (especially Captain Marvel). Kahn feels like she doesn’t really fit in anywhere, and now add her getting her own superpowers. Vellani will star alongside Wandavision’s Teyonah Parris (who if you remember is Captain Marvel’s best friend’s daughter, Monica Rambeau, who got powers of her own in Wandavision.)

While we don’t know much about this series, this will be a step towards the formation of the next generation of heroes.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November 11, 2022)

Coming to theaters on November 11th, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever! With the sad and untimely passing of Chadwick Boseman in mid-2020, there is no set answer on how they are going to address the fact that Boseman is not present. The President of Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige, has said in interviews that they will not be recasting the character of T’Challa/Black Panther and that he will not be appearing by means of digital recreation.

With the passing of Boseman weeks before pre-production was supposed to start on the sequel, the Director and Writer Ryan Coogler had to reshape the script to shift the focus onto T’Challa’s sister Shuri, played by Letitia Wright. When the news of Chadwick Boseman’s passing was announced, many Marvel fans were pushing for the retirement of Boseman’s character. However, this changed when Letitia Wright (Shuri) supposedly caused controversy by choosing not to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Wright has come out and claimed that these allegations are false, but this has not stopped fans from criticizing. Fans have created the #RecastTChalla in response to these allegations to try to get the T’Challa recast. Boseman’s own brother, Derrick Boseman, has explained that even though Chadwick Boseman never shared his wishes about the fate of his character with him, he believes that his brother would agree that the character of T’Challa should live on in the universe.

So far, Marvel has let very little slip about this film, but as the release day approaches, we should learn more.

Guardians of the galaxy Holiday special (HolidaY Season 2022)

Coming to Disney+ in the Holiday Season of 2022, Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special! Director of all the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, James Gunn, will direct this holiday special. This special will take place in between Thor: Love and Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3. All the Guardians are cast to make an appearance in the special! Not much has been released about the potential plot of this. However, we will most likely find out more about this project after Thor: Love and Thunder is released, due to the fact that this is supposed to take place after the film.

SHE-HULK

Coming to Disney+ at some time in 2022, She-Hulk! This series will star Tatiana Maslany, as she plays a lawyer who also has a “green side” to her. Mark Ruffalo will be reprising his character of Bruce Banner/ Hulk in the film alongside Tim Roth returning as the Abomination. The only detail on the plot that we have is that it will follow Maslany as we see her try to navigate balancing her work life with her newly acquired superhuman powers.

In 2022, we will see some of our favorite Marvel alums but equally, as exciting, we will see the debut of highlight the next generation of superheroes in the MCU! As a big Marvel fan myself, I can’t wait to see what Marvel has in store for the future.

Gianna D'Alessio is a Sophomore at the University of Central Florida studying Marketing with a minor in Film. Gianna is a part of the Marching Knights Colorguard at UCF. She loves to read, watch movies and try new foods. Her dream is to one day work for Disney in either digital marketing or film.