This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Sharing a playlist with someone is an almost sacred experience. There’s something about music that’s so personal and flat out special that you kind of don’t want other people to know about it. Most of the time our playlists are average. Run of the mill. Just a compilation of songs for a particular mood or the songs you’ve been listening to lately. But other times, they get perhaps a bit too niche and borderline embarrassing — I’m talking about the playlists that diverge from titles like “Sad Vibes” and become “Crying in the Bathtub.” I know you have them. 

Thankfully, Spotify has a public playlist feature. I raked through some of the most interesting Spotify playlist titles I could find so you don’t have to. Here’s what these titles say about you because I am you, too.

Edward Cullen but Only that Scene with the Black-Rimmed Glasses

First up, my current favorite playlist. Have I been listening to this non-stop? Yes. Is it because I refuse to comprehend that I’ll never feel as alive as early 2010’s alternative music made me feel? Also yes. This playlist title says you’re most likely stuck in 2013. And that’s OKAY. Right? Yeah, it’s okay. 

Crying in a Kohl’s Dressing Room

If your playlist includes any songs by Ed Sheeran or Meghan Trainor, then it most likely feels like having a meltdown in a department store. We’ve all been there. This says your mom couldn’t resist a good sale but would also spend upwards of an hour raking through said deal. Naturally, you wandered into the “teens” section but got frustrated when the jeans you picked out didn’t fit right. Chin up queen, your crown is falling.

POV: Harry Styles is Secretly in Love with You

You read too many Wattpad fanfictions and every once in a while you dip back in just to feel something. When you’re falling asleep you create scenarios in your head about what it’ll be like when you accidentally — but really purposefully — bump into Harry at a coffee shop, causing him to spill coffee on you and offer to buy you a new one. 

For When You’re Sitting in a Parking Lot Alone in Your Car at 2 AM

Yes. She’s very that. If you have some sort of playlist with a title implying you’re sitting alone in your car at any time (but especially after midnight), you think too much and wish you could think less. It’s me. 

Rainy Train Rides to Somewhere New

If you have a playlist with this kind of title, you’ve without a doubt posted the word wanderlust with its definition on any given social media platform. You also had a Tumblr. 

Lonely in a Crowded Room

“In case you haven’t noticed, I’m weird. I’m a weirdo. I don’t ‘fit in’ and I don’t want to fit in. Have you ever seen me without this stupid hat on? That’s weird.” That’s what this playlist title says about you.

Overthrowing the Government

Oh, you’re angsty. You’re tired of the system. You want to chew it up, spit it out and squash it with your heel. And the best part? You definitely voted on or before November 3rd!

Above everything, playlists are a creative outlet — they’re part of the reason music becomes so important to us and makes us feel more than the artists intended. You can find my funky Spotify playlists that only make sense to me here!

Krysten is a senior at UCF studying Advertising & Public Relations as well as Political Science. She's a lover of women empowerment, gardening, fashion, content creation, & the oxford comma. In addition to being a staff writer at Her Campus at UCF, she is also the chapter's Graphic Designer as well as an intern at Her Campus Nationals. When she isn't keeping up with the latest social media trends or improving her graphic design skills you can find her tending to her houseplant collection. Connect with Krysten on Instagram, Twitter, & LinkedIn.
UCF Contributor