Life > Experiences

What Your Favorite Coffee Spot At UCF Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The University of Central Florida’s campus has a plethora of great coffee shops, dining options and other places to eat and study. As an avid people watcher, I’ve noticed that the same types of people tend to get their favorite drinks at the same places every time. There’s a good chance you may not like what you hear ….or you might think I’m psychic once you’re done reading. Here’s what your go-to UCF coffee spot says about you!

Foxtail Coffee

UCF’s hottest coffee shop on campus is definitely Foxtail. If you’re sipping here you’re definitely driven and determined. Hair up, glasses on, you’re here to work. Not that you’re not fun of course, with all the customizations and drink options Foxtail offers, you probably try something new every time. It makes you fun and different, and that’s what other people like about you. Nevertheless, with all the traffic of people walking in and out of Foxtail everyday, there is no doubt in my mind you are one gossiping gal. You want to know everybody’s business and you have no shame in that. 

Einstein Bagels

If your go-to drink spot is Einstein Bagels, you secretly wish you were in NYC living your downtown girl-rorygilmore-english major-aspiring New York Times journalist dreams. You have the best style out of all your friends, and they want to raid your wardrobe constantly. You may come off as aloof or unapproachable to some people, but you just have an introverted personality. At the end of the day, you’re probably the most interesting person in the room, but you won’t just show that to anybody. Only those you genuinely care about you will actually get a chance to know the real you. 

7-11

If you’re getting coffee at the 7-11, I’m not going to waste your time because I know those five classes, internship, part time job and RSO meetings just can’t wait. You are one busy bee and probably incredibly overworked (it’s okay to drop a class!). You don’t have time to wait in long lines and chit chat with the barista. You need to go, just like your drink! 

Barnie’s

Barnie’s coffee shop in the John C. Hitt Library is the go-to place for every academic weapon. You take 5, maybe even 6 classes at a time, and you’re on the way to be the next Meredith Grey. When your friends ask you to hang out, you simply don’t have the time with everything on your plate. Going to Barnie’s is your safe space where you get to indulge in a sweet treat to support your next 5 hour study grind.  

Cafe Bustelo

A Cafe Bustelo girl knows the difference between good coffee and great coffee. You probably have a dream to backpack around the world and are probably an environmental science or foreign studies major. You’re not worried about others telling you that you’re probably not going to get a job when you graduate, because your dreams are bigger than the next 9-5. Sure, you may live half of your life caught up in your head, but at least the coffee keeps you grounded. 

Dunkin’ Donuts

You may frequent other coffee shops, but Dunkin will always be your ride or die. Sure, half of the time your order may be wrong here, but that’s a gamble you’re willing to take because of how much you love your order. You have a debilitating sense of nostalgia and desperately wish you could go back to 2014, even though you have never really left that era. For you, casual Instagram posting is in, and high rise jeans are out! 

Smoothie king

A Smoothie King guy does not have time to mess around. Your favorite mottos are probably “early to bed, early to rise,” “ work hard, play hard,” “time is money, money is time.” Your schedule is packed with sports practices, gym sessions, and studying to maintain your GPA as a student athlete. With Smoothies King’s plethora of espresso based protein drinks, you intend to meet your caffeine needs and gym goals in one drink, (or is it a meal at this point?). Stay on the grind, Smoothie King enthusiast!

Starbucks

If you drink Starbucks, you tried the Unicorn Frappuccino once in 2017 and never went to another coffee shop. People will never stop calling you basic, but because of this, you’ve developed an incredible “I don’t care” attitude that’s gotten you out of the worst situations. You follow all the latest trends such as, Stanley cups, Lululemon Define Jackets, and Glossier Balm Dot Coms. But hey, you know what you like and that’s okay. You never let anyone tell you what to do, and it’s a trait many people admire in you.

Obviously, I’m no psychologist, but I have hit almost every single drink spot on campus, so call me a coffee connoisseur. I’ve sat in all the UCF cafes and coffee spots for hours on end studying, so I know exactly what crowd goes where. You’re probably thinking, what my favorite coffee spot on campus is, but that’s a secret I’ll never tell. Now grab your backpack and go get some coffee!  

Anushka Desai is a freshman student at UCF currently majoring in Legal Studies and is a Staff Writer for Her Campus UCF. In her free time she engages in journaling, cooking and drawing. You might catch her indulging in long drives while listening to her favorite guilty pleasure playlists.