What to Expect from the ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spin-Off ‘The Perfectionists’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Attention, ladies and gentlemen!

I am proud to announce to all the PLL fans that Freeform will be premiering “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists!” on March 20, 2019. I encourage you all to whip out your planners and mark this date. After all the drama and stress that Aria, Hanna, Emily and Spencer initially put us through, we’re lucky enough to receive another series full of suspense. Let’s be real, they kinda dragged out PLL pretty long the first time around. Despite the sweet and sour feelings toward the finale, you’ve gotta admit it will be pretty exciting to see how the spin-off will turn out. I’m stoked!  

What is it about?

The show will be based on the “Perfectionists” book series by the original author of PLL, Sara Shepard. It begins a few years after the original “Pretty Little Liars” finale. The trailer of the show doesn’t give us a lot of insight, but from the looks of it, there is a devastating death in the college town of Beacon Heights. Here’s a sneak peek… 

“Is it okay to murder a murderer?” Um…yikes?! I’ve gotta say that starting the series off with so much drama right from the first episode is pretty creepy. Keeping you on your toes from the beginning is pretty intriguing, but how long will this new series last?

Is it relatable to the book series?

“The books have a twist in them that would be kind of impossible to pull off on a TV show,” said show creator Marlene King. From what King told Entertainment Tonight, it seems like this new spin-off might be creepier than the OG PLL.

Who’s going to be in it?

Will any of the original four BFFs be starring in this show? Yes, Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse) and Mona Vanderwaal (Janel Parrish) both have driven their way to this mysterious college town that is now the new Rosewood. Alison now is a professor in the college and both her daughters are part of the characters for the new series. As for Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell), we aren’t certain if she will appear on the show, but by the info we are given, it seems that everyone has secrets once again.

Stay tuned for further details by the filmmakers on this new series because honestly, we can’t wait until March 20!

Images: 123

Yeniz is a junior studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Central Florida. Creating a better future through engineering has always been a dream for her, but when she isn't in the library studying for her exams, you can always find her blogging. She loves to discover new fashion trends and traveling through her bucket list. She has always loved fashion and makeup and hopes that her blogging one day can turn into something more than a hobby. If you want to keep up with her feel free to follow her on Instagram or her fashion blog: endlessshine.org!
UCF Contributor