What to Do if You’re Stuck at School During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Stuck in Orlando for spring break? Wow, first world problems, huh? Well when you’re like me and forgot to make plans, it sucks hearing about all the fun trips everyone is going on, knowing the furthest you’re going to travel is from your bedroom to the kitchen. But it doesn’t have to be that way, here are some fun things you can do around Orlando to keep the vacation spirit alive, because even if we aren’t actually traveling anywhere, we love to brag about how we live where you vacation.

1. Make Lunch Plans with Someone Else Who Stayed Local

So chances are that not every single person you’ve ever met is abandoning UCF for spring break, so call up that girl in your accounting class, message that boy from your intramural team, and take the opportunity to get to know them better. It’s an excuse to leave the house, and you might come out with more friends.

2. Spend a Day at the Pool

It is Orlando after all, and if you don’t have a pool, chances are there’s one you can go to in a 5 mile radius. Take some time to chill out and work on that killer tan, so when you get back to class, no one will be the wiser that you stayed in town.

3. Splurge on amusement park tickets

You’re already saving a ton of money by staying home, so take a moment to treat yo’ self during the mid semester slump and head over to Universal or Disney for the day. After all, people typically spend thousands of dollars to visit here specifically for that. Might as well take advantage of that student discount and enjoy the fun.

4. Hit The Beach

So it’s not Cancun, but Cocoa Beach is only an hour away, and Instagram will be none the wiser. Enjoy that sand and the sun, because it is spring break after all. Just remember to lather on the sun block, because combating a killer sunburn after coming back to school will be a double loss.

5. Head Downtown

Downtown Orlando is full of hidden gems that deserve their own post, but take a day (or night) to explore something new you haven’t done before. In the midst of hearing about everyone trying something new on their vacation, don’t get lost in your day to day routine. Try something new, and make an adventure out of your hometown.

See, Orlando isn’t too boring, huh? Make the most out of your staycation, and I promise you will make memories to last a lifetime.

Media: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lena is currently a senior at the University of Central Florida and very emotional about it. She serves as HCUCF's President and Campus Correspondent and is studying hospitality in hopes of making her childhood dreams of getting paid to travel the world come true. She is head over heels in love with all things aesthetically pleasing, so what could be better than working a job that will result in cute photos? While she's not in school or checking out the tacky tourist attractions around Orlando, you can find her spending more money than she has on concerts, clothes, and crappy coffee. She is a low-key movie addict and a high-key Instagram addict. If you want to see what she's up to when she's not hiding behind her laptop screen, you can follow her on Instagram @lena.daniels 
UCF Contributor