A Week of Fall Fashion That You Can Wear in a Summer Climate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Welcome to Florida, where we live in a perpetual state of summer. We don’t believe in seasons, no matter how much fall is trending on social media. The food, the fashion, and the overall aesthetic of autumn is what teenagers look forward too all year. A time where the temperature “drops” and all things “cozy” are in. Fall is arguably home to the most comforting colors, scents, and scenes, yet when we live in the tropics, it’s hard to embrace this time of year. But have no fear, we can prevail past these ninety degree days and dress the way we want, while still staying comfortably cute in shorts and a tank top. It’s time to break the stereotype of flannels and skinny jeans, because we can create our own fall trends while still staying in touch with our tropical climate.

Monday

Start off your week comfortably with your favorite long sleeve romper. It screams “fall” with its powerful paisely print and warm, homey colors. The long sleeve pull in an element of autumn crispness, while the shorts keep you cool on your way to and from class.

Tuesday

Jump into your second day with something a little more serious. The maroon corduroy skirt embodies the definition of autumn. Paired with a comfy cotton shirt and fun black accessories, this look ensures that you’re one pumpkin spice latte away from turning into the fall season!

Wednesday

Add a pop of color into your wardrobe to brighten up your humpday. Mustard yellow gives you that wow factor as you dance your way through campus in your favorite midi skirt. Keep colorblocking in mind in order to complete your look with a fall classic, such as maroon. And never forget to accessorize to your liking.

Thursday

Keep it cute on Thursday with your favorite t-shirt dress. This one brings back the element of paisley from the beginning of the week while encorporating the red tones tat we all know nd love. Plus dresses are the ultimate way to pull off a cute look while secretly being lazy.

Friday

Keep it casual on everyone’s favorite day of the week. Fall classic olive green paired with your favorite denim shorts creates a comfy yet cute look. Dress it up with your favorite necklace and youre ready for a chill afternoon out with friends.

Saturday

Pull in one of falls hottest new colors, mauve, to give a warm and inviting tone. Matched with tan sueade shorts that keep you cozy without raising the temperature too much. Top it off with your favorite gold accessories and matte lips and you’re ready to take on the world.

Sunday

Finish up the week with your favorie olive green top tucked into a classis black skirt. Dress it up with a cute necklace and chealsea boots and you’re steps away from owning your favorite season.

Take this season by storm with your favorite summer pieces styled in new ways. There is always a way to beat the heat in Florida, now go out there and kill the fashion game.

All photos were taken by the author.

Lena is currently a senior at the University of Central Florida and very emotional about it. She serves as HCUCF's President and Campus Correspondent and is studying hospitality in hopes of making her childhood dreams of getting paid to travel the world come true. She is head over heels in love with all things aesthetically pleasing, so what could be better than working a job that will result in cute photos? While she's not in school or checking out the tacky tourist attractions around Orlando, you can find her spending more money than she has on concerts, clothes, and crappy coffee. She is a low-key movie addict and a high-key Instagram addict. If you want to see what she's up to when she's not hiding behind her laptop screen, you can follow her on Instagram @lena.daniels 
UCF Contributor