This Week in Central Florida: SHOTS! A Wynwood-esque Party, Renninger’s Extravaganza and More!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now that Electric Daisy Carnival is finally starting to flush out of our systems, let’s try and ring in the holiday season with a little bit of a more relaxed feel for this weekend. Granted, it’s roughly around 70 degrees and we’re already in the second week of November, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do some pretending. 

Thursday 11/14:

Thorton 2nd Thursday Wint & Art Walk: Enjoy some streetside shopping, food trucks, and a glass of wine every second Thursday of the month throughout December 31st! $10 per person.

SHOTS! A Wynwood-esque Party at Sound Bar: Your weekly Bar-B-Q escapade can hold off this week. In preparation for some good ol’ fashion Miami fun with Art Basel right around the corner, start your weekend off with a chill, speakeasy feel at Sound Bar. Throwback hits from the 80s, 90s, and today will be brought to the dance floor by Prankstisci, and the art showcased is by Danielle Hein! Free to the public.

Friday 11/15:

Winter in the Park at Central Park:  It’s that wonderful time of year again! Park Ave is transformed into a little winter wonderland with its outdoor ice skating rink for us to enjoy. This goes on until January 5th, so you have plenty of time to practice those ice skating moves you’ve been hiding. $10 includes ice skate rental.

Light Up UCF at CFE Arena: If driving past this every night on campus doesn’t get you in the Christmas spirit, I don’t know what else would do the trick! Light Up UCF provides us with an ice skating rink, holiday film festival, light shows, rides, and more. This will be open until January 5th as well. Prices vary between single tickets, group tickets, student discounted tickets, and season tickets. Make sure you read up here to get more information on free admission for Student Night.

Festival of the Seasons at Downtown Disney: Who doesn’t love a spontaneous trip to downtown Disney? This too will be transformed into a wonderland with live entertainment and plenty of holiday treats to keep you happy. Free to the public.

Florida Surf Film Festival at Atlantic Center for the Arts: You surfers will have to swim over to New Smyrna beach for this one! This two-day long film festival is all about surfing and its culture. If this is your kind of gig, you’re in for some never before seen documentaries and workshops for emerging artists. $15-25 per person.

Renninger’s Antique and Collector’s Extravaganza in Mount Dora: I’ve been told that I’m seriously missing out on a lot of goodies by not heading over to Mount Dora, so this will be a first for myself as well. This extravaganza only happens three times a year, rain or shine. You’ll find over 1400 vendors from all over the world selling their antiques here. If you’ve got a knack for thrifting, this has your name all over it! $10 for a Friday ticket, $6 for a Saturday ticket, $4 for a Sunday ticket, and $15 for a three-day pass.

Saturday 11/16:

Osceola Fall Art Festival in Downtown Kissimmee: From 10am to 5pm, take a stroll through over 100 different vendor booths, while enjoying food offerings and live music! Free to the public.

A Taste of Thanksgiving at Whole Foods Market: Free. Food. Need I say more? Stop by their Aloma location for seasonal samples from the Thanksgiving menu from 2pm to 4pm. Free to the public.

Orlando Urban Bike Series at Kyle’s Bike Shop: This is the fourth out of five races! Come out and particpate in this point-to-point bike race. Or just sit back and enjoy the show! There will be cash prizes, food, and beer, of course. $10 suggested donation.

Sunday 11/17:

Ales for Tails at Orlando Brewing: Because who doesn’t like supporting our furry friends? This fundraising event will be raising money for the SPCA of Central Florida from 2pm to 6pm. And of course, you guessed it! There will be food, live music, and beer for everyone to enjoy. Free to the public.

Customer Appreciation Cookout at World of Beer: Plain and simple. From 2pm to 5pm, with every beer you purchase, you get something to munch on for free! Free to the public.

Yelp’s Bohemian Bash at the Acre: Join your favorite local businesses and friends at Yelp for a Sunday Funday supporting another great cause: The Harbor House of Central Florida. Crafty cocktails, tasty treats, and an eclectic evening of entertainment from 3pm to 6pm! Free admission with confirmed RSVP on Yelp.

UCF Contributor