VS Fashion Show Look Book

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show airs tonight, and I could not be more excited! What most consider “the sexiest night on television”, I celebrate as “Tall Girl Appreciation Night”. The airing of VSFS is the one night per year where my Twitter and Facebook feeds are blown up with messages commending the models on their gorgeous long limbs and physically fit physiques. For a lanky giraffe-ish girl like me, VSFS is a celebration of beautiful and empowered women who got through the years of awkward height (and all the negative comments that come with the territory). But I digress. The fashion show isn’t all about the models! The team that puts together the costumes is incredibly talented. Every year, I anxiously await the unveiling of the themes of the show, and the breathtaking looks that bring them to life. Since the show taped last week, tons of photos have hit the Internet, and I wanted to share my favorite looks as a preview of the show!

Gilded Angels

We’ll start off with my current favorite look from the show. Not only is Karlie Kloss a beautiful blonde, her golden wings make her glow. I love these wings because they have a sort of understated glamour, they don’t have the “in your face” look of the classic unfolded wings yet the detailing on them is flawless. Gold is a favorite color of mine, and I really love how rich and glamorous this section is. 

University of Pink

In terms of “over the top”, the PINK section of VSFS never disappoints. The bright colors, funky patterns, and urban influences make for a really fun and upbeat portion of the show. Elsa Hosk is rocking these graffiti wings! Because this section is so youthful, VS brings in a hot young artist to perform, and I’m looking forward to seeing Ariana Grande sing (spoiler alert: she gets hit with a wing, but recovers well).

Exotic Traveler

I can’t even. I have lost the ability to even. Queens Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima both wore Fantasy Bras this year, and walked the runway side-by-side. I love the contrast created with the red and blue looks, they definitely don’t match but it is a flawless pair (just like the veteran models wearing them).

Fairy Tale

Lindsay Ellingson is just shining in these ethereal wings. I think this section in general is really going to impress, it is fun and romantic and a little different than what VS usually does. The designers described it as “Brothers Grimm meets Shakespeare”, a theme that comes to fruition with and earthy color palette. I haven’t seen a single costume in the Fairy Tale section that I don’t like!

Dream Girl

The boudoir inspiration for this section is adorable, the models look like they’re getting ready for the cutest sleepover of all time. I adore Lily’s powder-puff wings, they’re unique and totally embody the mood of this section.

Angel Ball

This section is going to go down in history as one of the best of all time. America’s sweetheart Taylor Swift dons a gorgeous black lace dress and not only sings, but acts as an honorary Angel. She looks right at home on the runway with her real life Bff Karlie. #TallGirlAppreciation

Ready to watch the show? If you’re still in Orlando, @UCFPINK is hosting a viewing party! Check their Insta for more information. If you’re home, check your local listings for showtimes. Tweet us your thoughts at @HerCampusUCF!

Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor