UCF vs. USF: Should You Go To The Biggest Game of the Year?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As the weather gets cooler (well, when it feels like it since Florida weather is still an on going mystery…), and the fall semester is soon to come to a close, Thanksgiving Dinner and time with family continues to be the “light at the end of the tunnel” for college students across campus in the next coming week! Family, food, friends, more food, and football; what else could be missing in this American-classic, Thanksgiving tradition?

Attending the biggest “War on I-4 ” between the UCF vs. USF Football game that is!

Starting at 8 p.m., on November 29th, and even airing on ESPN for the first time, the UCF Football team will be taking on our biggest rivalry from across I-4, USF.

While the UCF Knights continue to remain both undefeated in the AAC and in line for an automatic BCS bowl bid, some UCF football fans now have a dilemma for going to the rival football game, or spending time with family. Just as we were here for you to explain the game of football, we’re here to guide you into hopefully make a great decision for your Thanksgiving football plans:

Now, although many of us don’t have much of a choice on whether or not we’re going to the rivalry game (such as living out of state), here are some of the Pros and Cons that may help you decide:

Pros:

• You’ll witness some major, unforgettable, crazy, fan enthusiasm
  • You’re more than likely to appear on ESPN (instead of watching it at home)
  • You’ll continue to carry on some more food festivities at tailgating the day after Thanksgiving
  • You’ll get to experience the last and biggest rival football game for UCF of the year

Cons:

• Less time to shop on Black Friday
  • You may miss some quality family time (unless they come to the game with you)
  • If your family home is not near UCF, traveling back and forth might be much the day after Thanksgiving

Although the decision is all up to you, don’t forget that wherever you are, no matter how far or near, you can still represent your team! Be sure to tune in to ESPN for the UCF vs. USF game at 8PM on November 29th; Go KNIGHTS!

Ligia Forbes is a student at the University of Central Florida, and a Her Campus UCF News Writer. Afro-latina, World Traveler, UNICEF Advocate,Big Sister, and lover of living life on purpose.
UCF Contributor