UCF Knights Exude The Strumbellas Spirit(s)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Are you a lover of new music and University of Central Florida? Well, this article is just for you! The Strumbellas have a new album, called “Hope,” coming out April 22, 2016 and there is a surprising UCF Knights twist that you’re not going to want to miss out on.

With “Spirits,” Strumbellas’s current single, having over +10 million Spotify streams weekly and growing, it is time to get on board with this band. You’ll have to hurry up now because they are about to be #1 on Alternative Radio and AAA radio, so you better become #relevant with the times stat! Because the early bird gets the worm, get your speakers or ear buds ready and embrace the smooth, alternative, indie tunes of The Strumbellas that will be released this Friday.

Their sound is so enchanting that you’ll want to submerge your ears with their new album immediately. You could hear The Strumbellas playing at your favorite local coffee shop hangout, on the Chill Vibes station on Spotify, or you may even eavesdrop on someone who is silently jamming to their mystical music while relaxing by the Reflection Pond. All circumstances are perfect for The Strumbellas’s music to be listened to, so you might as well become obsessed now. If you can’t already tell, you can definitely say that I fall under the obsessed category!

The Strumbellas allow me to channel my inner hipster and make me a proud UCF Knight. Now, you may be thinking how being a hipster and a UCF student connect. Well, don’t you worry because I’m going to elaborate a little more.

A select few University of Central Florida students, including myself, were lucky enough to be featured in The Strumbellas “Spirits” inspired music video.  Specifically, the video alludes to the stage makeup, attitudes and characters from the video. To see the two worlds collide, Strumbellas and UCF Knights, click here to watch the “Spirits” official music video and click here to watch the UCF version of the “Spirtis” music video. 

Special thanks to Daniella Risi, the Universal College Marketing Representative at the University of Central Florida, for producing, editing and organizing this amazing opportunity and video. Also, shout out to Dara Meltzer for the fabulous face paint masterpieces modeled by Danielle Amir, Taylor Zeig, Nikki Zumsteg and myself.

To keep up with all things having to do with The Strumbellas and #HOPEiscoming – April 22, 2016, check out the links below:

Website

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

All media and tools provided by Glassnote Records, Universal Music Group.

Junior at the University of Central Florida. In the words of Britney Spears, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman".
UCF Contributor