This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The Knights charged into the bounce house on October 19 with high hopes of sinking the ECU Pirates. This homecoming game promised a chance for the Knights to regain their momentum after two losses. Knight Nation expected to end homecoming week with a bang — and that’s exactly what happened. The game ended 41–28. 

Kicking off the game, Dillion Gabriel scored the first touchdown within the first quarter. Not long after, Greg McCrae and Bentavious Thompson followed suit and also scored touchdowns. This pushed UCF into the lead ending the first quarter 21–0.

During the second quarter, the Pirates took a turn and made their first field goal. In a shocking twist, UCF placed Darriel Mack Jr. in midway. It was an abrupt turn of events with a payoff. Following Mack’s appearance, the team followed through with his pass and scored another touchdown. 

Amongst all the hype on the field, Knights fans went crazy in the stands. In honor of homecoming, fans showcased their pride all knight long.

Both the homecoming court and women’s rowing were also lifted up as they made their way out onto the field. The women’s rowing presented their rings, relishing in their accomplishments. 

Homecoming court seemed unable to fathom the experience of being out on the field — especially for those graduating next spring. 

To close off a spirited game, the Knights continued to make strides and ended with a score 41–28.

In regard to how the game was played, the injuries and the results, Tre Nixon said, “It’s always next man up mentality. We’ve got a lot of young guys on this team that probably don’t get that much playing time but had to step up in this game. That’s good for them to get that experience. I pray and hope those guys are good.” 

Can the Knights continue to regain their credibility as they face off against the Temple Owls? Can Knight Nation remain uknighted amongst it all? 

All images credited to Chelsea Velez.

Chelsea Velez is a senior majoring in journalism and double-minoring in creative writing & sociology. She spends most of her time writing, drinking coffee, and running around finding the latest story. She plans to become a well-known writer in whatever form that may be and inspire others through her content creation.
UCF Contributor