This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Although rainy season has been in full swing for some time now, it appears that it is going full force this coming week. I know from experience that when the weather is gloomy, it is hard to be motivated to dress well; but believe me when I say, it is entirely possible! What are the best accessories for rainy weather, you might ask. Look no further!

1.A chic rain jacket

A rain jacket is obviously a necessity in the rainy weather but a cute one to wear over a simple white shirt and jeans makes you stand out in the yucky weather!

2.An adorable umbrella

Remember that your umbrella is an accessory to your outfit just as much as a bracelet or a pair of shoes is! Find a super cute one that you love to make any outfit different from the rest.

3.A warm sweater

I know we’re in Florida but when the sun isn’t shining and it gets a little breezy, a sweater will keep you comfortable and warm. Sweater patterns range from plain to floral so you can chose whichever one matches your mood most that day!

4.A cute updo

On windy, rainy days, our hair can get a little frizzy and messy. The best way to make sure our hair stays in place, put it in a nice up-do! It could be a low ponytail, a high sock bun or even a unique braid!

5.And, of course a fabulous pair of rain boots!

As a given, rain boots are a necessity in the rainy weather! You can find them in many stores and in all different patterns to best fit your personality.

UCF Contributor