This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Entering the season of frights and spooky zones, now is the perfect time to get started on your Halloween playlists for your Halloween parties or just a daily spooky jam session! So allow yourself to sit back and read my recommended top spooky jams for your Halloween playlist!

“Thriller” by Michael Jackson

You can’t start a Halloween playlist without including this iconic favorite by all. This song from the Prince of Pop comes with iconic dances, a thrilling beat, and is the perfect way to get you and your guest in the spooky vibe. There is no way you can forget to have this song on any spooky playlist!

Somebody’s Watching Meby Michael Jackson and Rockwell

This is another great spooky song from Michael Jackson that deserves a spot on your spooky playlist. Fun fact: to many people’s surprise, this song actually features both Michael Jackson and his brother Jermaine Jackson for some backing vocals! This song gives you the feel of Michael Myers or even a Joe Goldberg vibe from the show You. So, be prepared to blast this song and don’t forget to look over your shoulder!

YOU season 4?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
NETFLIX
“Like LoVERS dO” bY hER Violet

Although this is not typically seen as a Halloween song, this song definitely gives the feel of a horror movie. The vocals are hauntingly beautiful and a perfect addition to any playlist! You’ll feel like taking the dance floor and acting just as Morticia and Gomez do in the Addams Family.

Season of the Witch By Lana Del Rey

The title has a witch in it! Need I go on? This song is perfect to express both the magic behind Halloween and include Halloween’s most iconic creature, witches! This song is also from the motion picture Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark so be prepared to keep a light or two on.

Ghostbusters (I’m Not Afraid)” from Ghostbusters by Fall Out Boy and Missy Elliot

Personally, I love this song (and it’s on my playlist) as Halloween songs can come in all shapes and forms. This song is a great meshing of spookiness and rock. You can jam to it and even watch the new version of Ghostbusters after!

Jump in the Line” by Harry Belafonte

If you are a fan of Beetlejuice then, without question, you know this song! At the end of Beetlejuice, you can’t miss seeing Lydia Deetz levitating in the air like a ghost as the song plays and everyone ignites into dance. So take to the sky and fly and look just like this adorable pup spreading his Halloween scares!

I put a Spell On You” by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins

This song is another all-time favorite Halloween song of mine. This song has had many covers in the past, notably from Hocus Pocus done by the three iconic Sanderson Sisters! Either version of this song is fantastic, but take a listen to this song if you love the version from the Hocus Pocus movie!

“Calling All the Monsters 2021 Version” with Thrii and Messenger

Now for all those who grew up with Disney, you know this classic Halloween banger from Disney Channel with China Anne McClain. This song was perfect to dance with, but the new version from 2021 is even better. It combines China along with the gifted musical talents of her two sisters in a new trio called Trii to make a song an unforgettable and perfect Halloween song!

“thIS IS HALLOWEEN” FROM THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

The Nightmare Before Christmas is now a cult classic and Halloween go-to for many! It features the iconic talents of Danny Elfman, and Catherine O’Hara, and is directed by Henry Selick who is known for many spooky movies, for instance, Coraline. In The Nightmare Before Christmas, this introduction song brings you into the delightfully haunting world of Halloween Town which seems like a pretty great song for any Halloween playlist!

Blood on the Dance Floor x Dangerous by Michael Jackson and White Panda

I can’t help but end this list with the man noted with Halloween, Michael Jackson. This mix of these two great songs will make you want to dance and have the dangerous vibe that all horror movies radiate in them. In addition, it is another one of my personal favorites from the list. What is Halloween without a little bit of dancing? So be sure to tune into this song and let out your dangerous side to dance into the night!

If you want a playlist of the songs mentioned, feel free to check out my mini Halloween playlist here. You’ll find these 10 songs plus some other great scary picks.

Gabriela is a junior at the University of Central Florida and a writer for Her Campus at the University of Central Florida. She is pursuing a degree in Advertising and Public Relations with a minor in Psychology. When she's not studying she is singing, doing photography, or watching Netflix.