Top 10 Shoes for This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I refuse to believe I’m the only Floridian that finds it exceptionally challenging to find closed-toe shoes I will love and wear during the 4 (usually even less) cold months during the year.

I spend the other 8 months in sandals. I know exactly what I’m looking for when it comes to spring and summer because I’m so used to shopping for that type of footwear that when it comes to fall, I’m stumped.

I’ve been “researching” (scouring blogs, Pinterest, and Tumblr) fall footwear lately and have compiled this list of the perfect shoes to wear to keep our feet warm this season.  I also added some suggestions of what warm outfit they’d go great with.

Knee-high leather boots: Leather boots are a must-have item for the fall. Pair these with jeans and flannel or leggings and a chambray skirt.

Wedge Sneakers: This trend is definitely sprouting. They’re a great thing to attempt when you need something unique in your closet. Pair them with jeans and a loose V-neck for a laid-back vibe.

Combat boots: If you didn’t hop on the combat train last fall, I highly suggest it for this season. They’re perfect to add edge to a loose, feminine dress (i.e. one with lace) and tights. 

Flats: The floral pattern on this pair is especially great. I think the pairing with the army green pants plus a chunky white sweater would suit them perfectly.

Loafers: There are plenty of different colors to choose from. My favorites so far are these sparkly ones, leopard print loafers, studded loafers, and burgundy loafers. Try them with jeans and a black button down with studs on the collar.

Oxfords
: These shoes are also great for spring, so keep them around! Oxfords look great with dark skinny jeans and a blazer.

Tennis Shoes:
You can get any color or pattern in Keds or Vans, so shop around for the perfect pair. Again, these are great for spring with floral dresses or for winter with jeans, a tee and a cardigan.

Booties
: These are another largely popular trend that look great with dresses and tights.

Moccasins:
Try moccasins with something you wouldn’t expect, so they don’t remind others of Indians when Thanksgiving comes around. Pair them with wine colored pants and a white sweater.

Toms: These shoes work year round and come in so many different patterns that it’s hard not to find ones that you love. Look up DIY decorating tips for extra originality. They’re especially great with casual “pants and a t-shirt” outfits.