Three Study Coffee Shop Alternatives to Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Yes, Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts on campus are great places to study, but they can get super crowded and distracting during finals week. Here I have listed three alternative coffee shops to visit during finals week to get your study on. They are definitely worth checking out!

1. Stardust Video and Coffee

Located in Winter Park, this hipster coffee shop will get your mind focused and flowing. It is a vegan-friendly cafe that offers a variety of foods, and of course coffee, when you need a study snack break. This cafe is also decorated with tons of cool lights and art to get you in the studying mood. 

2. DUO 58

Just up the street from UCF, DUO 58 is a brand new coffee shop, perfect for easing your mind while studying. They have large tables that cater to group study, so if you have a group final project, this is the perfect place to go. DUO 58 is partnered with Mission of Hope, and through their sale of foods and coffee, they provide a meal and a day of education to a Haitian child. Who knew studying for finals could be so rewarding to society?

3. Downtown Credo

If you are looking for a modern and hip place to study, hit up Downtown Credo in downtown Orlando. The building is comprised of floor to ceiling windows so you have a beautiful view of the city, whenever you get the chance to look up from your textbook or laptop. The coffee shop is also attached to Florida Hospital, just in case you pass out from those nervous finals breakdowns we all get this time of year. The best part is that the coffee is by donation only, so you can pay whatever you want or nothing at all! 

I hope these coffee shops will become regularly visited once the new semester comes around. They really are such neat places to get work done. Good luck on finals and study on!

Photo Credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5

UCF Contributor