This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When I first started wearing makeup, my mom always used to say, “Don’t wear too much because real beauty is skin deep.” Lush has reminded me that moms are always right, and how true this saying really is. When I walk into Lush, I automatically feel like sampling and buying face masks and bath bombs can make all of your problems go away. A quote from Lush that stood out to me the most is that, “They believe words like ‘fresh’ and ‘organic’ have an honest meaning beyond marketing.” Here are some of my reasons why I am such a Lush Lover.  

1. All-Natural Products  

Lush is known for using all-natural ingredients in their products. I love walking around the store and looking at the products because I know exactly what will be in the product I’m buying. This is especially important to me when I’m buying a face mask. Before I started using Lush Cosmetics, I would get nervous when buying face masks or cleansers because even though it might be cheaper, I wasn’t sure if it was truly healthy for my skin.  When it comes to your skin, it is important to get your monies worth in the healthiest way possible.

2. Helpful Staff 

Whenever I come to Lush, I always love talking to a staff member because even though I know what the product is made of, sometimes there are ingredients that I’ve never heard of and want to learn more about. It can also be hard to picture how ingredients that you can find in the grocery store, like coffee or popcorn, could help your skin. It always amazes me when I learn how such a unique combination could turn your skin into something so perfect. I also love how they go over how to apply the product step-by step. Everyone’s skin is different and even though the directions might say to apply a certain amount or use it once a day, there are people that might benefit from using the product differently. It is important to talk to someone before buying a product so you don’t damage your skin when you thought you were trying to help it. 

3. No Animal Testing 

I admire Lush because of their animal testing policy. They believe that, “buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.” As much as we love our makeup and skincare products, animals should not have to suffer because of it.  Even though we all love our animals, when it comes to beauty and skincare products, we forget about how the animals are hurting because we are so determined to get the perfect smokey eye or clear and glowing skin. Lush is teaching its customers that you can have the perfect skin and give animals the perfect lives that they deserve. 

Images: 1, 2, 3