Thoughts You Have When Your BFF Goes Abroad as Told by Schmidt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

WOW, you’re going abroad! Much proud! Very excitement! 

So you’re leaving the U.S. and going to India? No problem.

I get that you’re excited, nervous, stressed, and everything in between, and that’s okay, but…

As your BFF, the best thing for me to do is be supportive and positive.

BUT HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHEN YOU’RE LEAVING ME FOR 3 MONTHS?

I guess the least I can do is learn about where you’re going and live vicariously through you.

No more wingwoman, no more spontaneous coffee shop trips, no more gossiping…*cue Adele’s “Hello” in the background*

On the bright side, you LOVE kids! India has lots of kids!

*stress eats the loneliness away*

You can’t take your entire wardrobe with you, so let me just raid your closest and keep some of your clothes company. 

Oh my gosh, this necklace is SO cute! 

*more stress eating*

Wait…you’re not gonna be able to text and Snapchat me everyday? 

Allow me to wallow in my own self-pity.

It’s fine. Everything’s fine. I’ll just drive you to the airport. It’ll be super cute, super sad, and super great. 

All this stress…I need a makeover.

Okay, seriously, STOP talking about the fact that you’re leaving soon. I can’t take it any longer.

What if you forget about me? Let’s go through all our inside jokes to remind you of how great I am. 

This is it. The time has come. You’re leaving me. For 3 entire months. And you know what? It’s okay. 

Okay, but actually…

Photo credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7, Image 8, Image 9, Image 10, Image 11, Image 12, Image 13, Image 14, Image 15, Image 16, Image 17, Image 18, Image 19, Image 20, Image 21, Image 22

Jess Hecht is a senior at UCF studying Human Communication with a Mass Communication concentration. When Jess is not creating content or traveling with her job at Feeding Children Everywhere, you can most likely find her on Pinterest looking at inspirational quotes and photos of dogs, or planning her next trip to Zambia. Some of her favorite pastimes include camping out for hours on end at Barnes & Noble with a reading list longer than the Chipotle line, smelling every candle at Bath & Body Works, and adding to her collection of journals (20 and counting, since you were curious). If binge-watching Lifetime movies was an olympic sport, you best believe that gold medal would have Jess' name written all over it.
UCF Contributor