Style > Fashion

This Is Halloween: 7 Unique Disney-Inspired Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Spooky season is upon us, and with the changing leaves and pumpkin spice comes the dread of having to decide on a Halloween costume. Being a college student that studies less than an hour away from the happiest place on earth puts extra pressure on Disney fans scrambling to create their most magical look yet. But have no fear, here’s a list of inspiration from the Disney parks, TV shows and movies to help relieve your costume planning stress.

1. Jungle Cruise Skipper

Emily Blunt Shrug GIF by Regal - Find & Share on GIPHY

With the recent release of the movie Jungle Cruise and the popularity of the beloved attraction, dressing up as a Jungle Cruise skipper would not only be a cute costume but a relevant one too (puns not included). Refer to the list below on how to assemble the perfect look!

• khaki shorts
  • button up shirt
  • hat/bucket hat/fedora/newsboy hat
  • bandana
  • belt
  • boots

2. Emma Stone’s Cruella

Emma Stone Fashion GIF by Walt Disney Studios - Find & Share on GIPHY

While Cruella de Vil has always been popular for Halloween, the retelling of the story starring Emma Stone provides new looks that make great Halloween costumes. If this costume doesn’t scare you, no evil thing will. What you need to create the most deviant look:

• black and white wig
  • red lipstick
  • black leather jacket
  • black skirt
  • red dress (alternate option)
  • cane
  • masquerade mask
  • black gloves
  • necklace

3. Remy and Linguini

Cook Cooking GIF by Disney Pixar - Find & Share on GIPHY

Remy, the rat of all our dreams, not only had a TikTok musical made about him but a brand new attraction in Epcot as well. All you need is a friend to be the Linguini to your little chef. Refer to the ingredient list below on how to prepare this costume:

• chef hat
  • chefs coat
  • plaid pants
  • blue shirt
  • rat ears (use blue and pink felt)
  • rat tail (use pink felt)
  • cooking utensils/cookbook

4. Figment

pintraderclub GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Imagine what a great costume this could be! What better way to pay homage to a classic Disney ride than dressing up as the dragon himself!  If you can’t imagine your costume already, refer to the list below:

• purple dress/shirt/pants
  • orange dragon wings
  • orange dragon horns
  • felt (pink and orange for the stomach, scales, etc)

5. Phineas and Ferb (and Friends)

Disney Channel Hello GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Ferb, I know what we’re going to do today! Phineas and Ferb characters make a great group costume, or you could keep it simple and just pick one:  

• wigs (red, green)
  • t-shirts (striped, white,)
  • shorts (blue, purple)
  • fedora, beaver tail, bill
  • lab coat and pants

6. Tower of terror bellhop

Walt Disney Studios Oops GIF by Disneyland Paris - Find & Share on GIPHY

Welcome everyone to the Twilight zone in this ride-inspired costume that can be changed to be as creepy and cool as you would like. Drop down below to see what you need to achieve this look!

• maroon jacket
  • maroon dress/skirt/pants
  • bellhop hat
  • name tag
  • Hollywood Tower Hotel crest (for the jacket)
  • room key

7. Hercules and Meg

Disney Love GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Go from zero to the hero of your Halloween party with a Hercules and Meg couple or friends costume. In the meantime, I’ll be manifesting that Liz Gillies will get cast as Meg in the live-action adaptation. All the things you need to put the glad in gladiator below.

• purple dress
  • belt
  • gold jewelry
  • toga
  • gladiator sandals

May your Halloween be filled with fun and ghoulish delights!

Hailey is a junior at the University of Central Florida pursuing a degree in marketing and a minor in mass media. Besides writing, her hobbies include keeping up with celebrity gossip, reading, making collages and watching TV. She cites her biggest inspirations as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Blake Lively, but deep down knows that some days you just wake up feeling like Nick Miller.