Wellness

These 3 Things Can Boost Your Confidence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Confidence is something most everyone wants to achieve. Who doesn’t want to be the one in the room who’s ultra sure of themselves? When you’re not confident in yourself, it can be hard to live your life. Confidence can be hard to master, but I can help! Here are some surefire ways to boost your confidence.

get a haircut
Salon Pink Hair GIF by VH1 - Find & Share on GIPHY

Everyone knows that getting a haircut can make or break a person’s style. Picture this: you’re at the hair salon and you show your stylist a picture of a celebrity rocking a certain style. I’m sure you hoped it would turn out amazing. After all, one bad haircut, and you’re praying the hair will grow back right then and there.

A haircut has the power to enhance a person’s life and confidence. And if it’s a good haircut, it instantly makes a person feel great about themselves. I know that every time I get a “new ‘do” and it’s good, I feel like I could conquer anything!

Switch up your style
Outfit GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Ever put on a cute outfit and feel like a new person? Switching up your style can give you that boost of confidence. I don’t know about you, but wearing clothes I love makes me feel more confident in myself. It also makes me feel more powerful. When I put on a cute top, a pair of skinny jeans and cute boots, I’m more assertive and hold my head up higher.

The best part? Other people will surely notice your newfound confidence! And maybe, you’ll inspire them to be a bit more sure of themselves. Remember this; you never how someone perceives themselves, so be a positive light that others can look up to.

Of course, there are some days when even a new pair of shoes can’t cheer me up. But putting some effort into my outfit can dramatically change the outlook of my day. I can go from feeling sad to happy in a few minutes if I know my outfit will make me feel good about myself.

Cake your face
Before And After Wink GIF by Sephora - Find & Share on GIPHY

Makeup is a powerful tool that can totally transform any person. I know that putting on a bit of makeup before I go to work makes me feel like I can accomplish everything I have to. I can interact with people and feel more confident in what I am saying. Feeling sad? Put on some mascara and you’ll feel like a movie star!

Don’t like wearing makeup? Don’t worry, because you can still feel confident in yourself without it. Makeup is what a person makes of it. And remember, makeup is all about you. If you feel confident rocking a full face, that’s amazing! But if you prefer to throw on some chapstick and mascara that’s okay too!

There you have it! If you’ve been thinking about changing up your look, this is your sign! Get that new haircut you’ve been scared to do. Rock a new dress. Try out a new makeup look. I’m sure you’ll feel a boost of confidence in yourself.

Jasmine Gregg is a senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Marketing. Originally from New Jersey, she is enjoying the sun in Orlando! You may find her reading a good book(She's always looking for recommendations!), writing, or watching movies.