The Trailer To Beyoncé’s ‘RENAISSANCE’ Concert Film Receives 1 Million Views In One Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Beyoncé’s Renaissance World Tour concluded in Kansas City, but not before she shared the trailer for her concert film—which received 1 million views on YouTube in just one day. The film follows Beyoncé from rehearsals to almost every stop on the tour, so that the audience will get to see a new side of Beyoncé and what this tour really means to her.

The second the trailer starts, you’re drawn in. Beyoncé has a way with creativity, and she’s especially mastered the art of performing. The tour alone shows how dedicated the whole team is. She speaks to the viewers by saying, “When I am performing, I am nothing but free.” Every time she hits the stage, she gives it her all, and honestly, I don’t know how she does it. Performing for sold-out shows must be a feeling like no other.

With every stop on the tour, there was a new outfit. I really hope that viewers get to see how much work went into planning out every outfit. Each outfit was custom-made for this tour. Knowing that she barely reused outfits is what’s even crazier. A lot of her outfits came from her brand, IVY PARK.

Something that’s different with this film is that Beyoncé used her own company to represent the movie. This means there was no third party overseeing it. As of right now, her company, Parkwood Entertainment, is only planning on giving the film to theaters. This means it will not come out on any streaming platform at the moment, although that could change.

Beyoncé goes on to say that the goal of the tour was to create a place where everyone is free and no one is judged. I can say that when I saw her in Miami for this tour, I felt absolutely free. The environment that was created was comforting and I don’t think I’ve felt that way at a concert before. Beyoncé has a captivating way of performing and you can’t look away when she takes the stage.

This film is going to be absolutely sensational. Seeing the craft that goes into a world tour will always amaze me, especially coming from Beyoncé. I always enjoy seeing the behind-the-scenes of artists because the audience can truly value all the work that goes into a tour. Seeing the production is going to be amazing because this tour was created to be on another level.

Beyoncé made history with this tour; I know she’s not done. She’ll always be creating something to top her previous work, and as a fan, I can’t wait to see what that will be. She’ll always surprise her fans with her best work.  

The concert film will be out in theaters on Dec. 1st. Seeing Beyoncé on the big screen will be surreal and I know some theaters are going to feel like a party. This film is going to let the audience into the mind of Beyoncé. I don’t doubt that I’ll be on the edge of my seat watching the art that is the Renaissance World Tour.

Bellanee Plaza is the Campaign Director of Her Campus UCF. She is a senior studying at the University of Central Florida with a major in journalism and a minor in film. Bella is originally from Miami and is half-Colombian, half-Puerto Rican. She loves to roller skating, paint, and read enemies to lovers.