This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

To Whom It May Concern, 

To my high school friends (you know who you are!): thank you for still choosing to keep in contact with me, even when we’re miles apart. Although we do not meet often, we always manage to pick up where we left off, as if we were the best of friends in a past life. 

To my college friends: thank you for providing me the most cherishable, fun memories that a girl could ask for. You taught me that when it comes to friendship, quality over quantity stands true. 

To the organizations I joined at UCF but failed to find a home in: thank you. Thank you for teaching me that my home was somewhere else.

To Her Campus:  thank you for allowing me to find a girl gang. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my voice with the world through writing. 

To those I’ve met that have made me feel left out: thank you. Thank you for teaching me that no-one should ever have to feel that way. Your lack of kindness and inability to be open to others has made me stronger and opened my eyes to what the world really needs: inclusion.

To UCF: thank you for showing me the true value of a college education. Throughout my three and a half years here, I have learned more about myself than I had in my entire life prior.

To my boyfriend: thank you for loving me. Thank you for teaching me the small things I didn’t know. You never cease to amaze me with your kind heart and intelligence. Thank you for listening to me rant when the world feels like it’s falling apart around me. Thank you for loving me even through my imperfections. You’re perfect to me.

To my mom and brother: thank you for supporting me financially and emotionally. I am continuously amazed at your bravery and strength to keep moving forward, even in the hardest of times. Your resilience is inspiring.

To my dad: thank you for being the best dad a girl could ask for. Although our time together was cut short, you always have the biggest place in my heart. I miss you. I love you.

Love,

Manisha 

Manisha is currently a student at the University of Central Florida studying finance. She loves all things sweet and artsy. If she's not stuffing her face with the colorful ice cream or drawing pictures of her cat, then she's probably reading all things astrology or singing her heart away to all of her favorite R&B artists. Her dream is to be a CEO and have her own beauty brand focusing on natural, clean products that will transform the beauty industry!
UCF Contributor