This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

On the weekend of October 18th, I set my sights on New York City for Teen Vogue Fashion University. Teen Vogue Fashion University is a three day weekend event held by Teen Vogue for the fashion leaders of tomorrow. It was an honor to be amongst the selected 500 attendees. An opportunity to learn from fashion role models Christian Siriano, Alexa Chung, Erika Bearman, Nanette Lepore, Vashtie, Kelly Wearstler, Coco Rocha and Teen Vogue Editor-in-Chief, Amy Astley, just to name a few.

Friday night was the Express private kick-off event in which all students were given a percentage discount to shop. Students were accommodated with a mocktail bar, hor d’oeuvres and other goodies. Andrew Bevan and Mary-Kate Steinmiller were just a few of the Teen Vogue editors in attendance.

Saturday was a day full of learning. The day broke off with a panel of discussion from the Teen Vogue editors and ended with a panel of discussion from fashion bloggers from Into the Gloss and The Coveteur. When all of the classes were over, students headed over to Soho for an after party at Top Shop.

Sunday’s seminar was held by Vogue’s Executive Fashion Director, Phyliss Posnick, and Vogue’s Feature Director, Eve MacSweeny (unreal). After the seminar, we were all presented with our certificates, snapped a few pictures, said our goodbyes and headed home.

I have never felt so distressed about leaving a city. If I could sum my experience at TVFU into one word it would definitely be inspired. It was extremely inspiring to be surrounded by young minds with the same aspirations as me, and to be taught and encouraged by fashion role models who were once in the same position as me. A lot of my stereotypes about fashion were broken. I learned a great deal of information that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. The feeling is sort of indescribable, it is a feeling that motivates you and pushes you forward to pursue dreams that seem unreal. I will never forget my TVFU experience!

UCF Contributor