This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

TikTok is the college student’s dream for easy and delicious recipes. I’ve seen recipes for any and everything, and I’ve been unapologetically trying them out since the beginning of quarantine. This week, I tried four recipes I’ve never had before. Here’s how it went:

Baked Feta Pasta

I saw at least four videos on this one, so I figured it was a must-try. This recipe is so simple —​ it only uses about six ingredients and is so delicious. I’ve always said I’m not a fan of tomatoes, but I couldn’t get enough of them in this pasta, and if you like feta, then this will be your new favorite dish. The prep-time for this pasta is less than ten minutes, and as a bonus, it uses very few dishes. I give this one a 10/10.

TikTok Ramen

I was pretty skeptical of this recipe, but shortly after I got started, I realized I was making my own teriyaki sauce. The best part of this ramen was that it tasted like take-out but only took five minutes to make. It was a little on the sweet side for me because of the brown sugar, but you can always change the amount to satisfy your taste.

Banana Chocolate Chip Bars

These looked amazing in the video, but unfortunately, my attempt didn’t turn out as well. Don’t get me wrong, they tasted great, but I definitely did something wrong. I couldn’t get them to cook all the way through even after letting them bake extra-long. My best guess is I should’ve been using a larger yet shallower pan for the bars — more like the one that’s used in the video. As far as time and skill level, this recipe was so easy to make and only took about five minutes of prep time.

Feta Skillet Broccoli

This is so, so good. Roasted broccoli is one of my favorite ways to eat a vegetable, and I honestly thought nothing else would ever come close, but this recipe hits the spot. The garlic and onion powder add a ton of flavor, and the feta compliments it all perfectly. I left out the dill when I made it, but it still tasted amazing with just fresh lemon and pepper. I’ll definitely be keeping this recipe in rotation.

I wouldn’t consider myself the greatest cook, but these simple TikTok recipes make me feel like I know what I’m doing. So, if you’re ever at a loss for what to make for dinner or you have some extra time on your hands, refer to these easy and delicious dishes. I already took care of the quality control.

Cara is a senior studying advertising-public relations with minors in mass culture and collective behavior and entrepreneurship at the University of Central Florida. She finds peace in yoga and Insomnia Cookies. Most days you can find her studying at a coffee shop or exploring Winter Park. When not in class, she spends her time traveling with her family, playing board games or curled up watching New Girl. Her prized possession (and best friend) is her cat. To follow her selfies and adventures, you can check her out on Instagram @carajacc!
UCF Contributor