Surviving the Transition Between Summer and Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

One’s state of mind during summer and fall seem as if they are light years apart. From lazy summer afternoons to the hectic start of the fall semester, these two extremes seem combustible. The leap between having your biggest worry be if the infamous Florida showers would encroach on your prime tanning hours to rushing to your 9 a.m. class seems hopeless. Every collegiette™ has been there. The first month of classes seems like a whirlwind. By they time you settle into a routine, it is already time for midterms! Here are some key pointers to ease your transition and make the best out of your semester from the get-go!

Purchase a New Planner

If you’re like me, a planner is the backbone to your life. I thrive off of to-do lists and calendars! One way to ease your shift from summer to fall is to purchase a planner to help organize your newly hectic schedule. Lilly Pulitzer sells an abundance of planners that are not only extremely detailed, but also super stylish! If one calendar is not enough for you, set up your computer calendar to color coordinate the different categories of your life. Everyone knows peak performance is all due to proper planning!

Change in Style

The fluctuation in temperature between summer and fall is not a major one in Florida. This dilemma makes wearing stylish fall clothes difficult, unless sticking true to your designer icons means more than being drenched in sweat! Instead of purchasing new clothes, adding simple accessories can do wonders to your wardrobe! When heading to class, wear a simple summer dress and bring along a matching cardigan to keep you warm and stylish in the cold classrooms! Also, adding a light scarf over your favorite jeans and a simple tank is the ideal casual-but-cute Florida fall outfit! Simply changing the color of your nails can create a whole new persona. Instead of light pastels, choose a darker tone to engage your inner fall goddess. O.P.I. fall collection has many dark and neutral colors that come across as sophisticated, yet stylish.

Change in Atmosphere

We all know that the beach is the perfect getaway for a relaxing collegiette™, but after a few too many sunburns a change in scenery is a must! If the sound of the ocean is what you are yearning for, then the UCF Reflection Pond could be your fix. Lounging on the grass, book in hand, and the beautiful scenery of the reflection pond with Millican Hall in the background sounds like a relaxing afternoon to me!

The transition from summer barbeques to UCF football tailgates is as easy as flipping burgers on a grill. Just exchange your bikini for the ultimate game day dress! Natalie Kim designs the perfect game day dresses embellished in black and gold for UCF collegiettes™.

Hopefully these tips will help you ease into the dreadful transition between summer and fall. By being organized and prepared, you can make this semester at UCF a successful and enjoyable one!

Go Knights!