St. Patrick’s Day Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Maybe I’m the only lame one who loves holidays that you get to dress up for, but if you’re not in a sorority you don’t have many chances. So sue me if I love St. Patty’s Day!  

With that being said, it can be difficult to decide on what to wear on the actual day. I’ve got some suggestions for you depending on what your style is or what you’re doing. 

Here are six different categories for you to choose from, so I hope at least one of them inspires an outfit for you!

Just remember, wear green, especially if you’re around children or drunk people. Otherwise, pinches are guaranteed.

Preppy

What I love about this look is that you can barely tell it’s for St. Patrick’s Day. If you’re not trying to be obnoxious about the day, just add a pinch of green (either in the top or bottom), pair it with neutrals and trade out your usual studs for shamrocks.

Athletic

A casual, but sarcastic t-shirt from Urban Outfitters is always a hit. Pair it with jeans sneakers, and sunglasses and you have a laid-back look that isn’t far from your everyday uniform. If you know you’ll be out all day, you’ll probably want a comfortable look like this.

Girly

St. Patty’s Day doesn’t mean that you have to stow away your skirts. A maxi shirt and a cropped green tee are another comfortable, but slightly fancier look that would work for all day. You can pair them with your favorite pearls, ballet flats, and a leprechaun top hat headband for a cute look.

Edgy

I love this look, because again it’s barely different from an everyday edgy outfit. If plaid, high-waisted shorts, Ray-bans, and studs are your thing then just add a graphic shamrock tee underneath the open plaid shirt, and you’re all set.

Casual

If you’re not planning on going out, but want something a little different for the day just wear leggings, a striped sweater with some rain boots. It won’t even look like you’re trying at all, but you can still feel spirited.

Wacky

Some of us aren’t happy with subtle St. Patrick’s Day outfits and need to go all out. This outfit is for us. Shamrock socks, glasses, and phone cases are out there. Just do a little digging at party stores or even just Target, and you’ll find just what you need to be obnoxious and fun. Another silly Urban tee, shorts, and converse go well with all the costume-like accessories.