zodiac signs cancer pisces gemini?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
zodiac signs cancer pisces gemini?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration by Her Campus Media
Life > Academics

Song To Add to Your Study Playlist Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As the semester comes to an end, there’s only one obstacle left between students and their summer vacations — final exams. Final exam week is extremely stressful, with many hours spent in the library or coffee shops studying and cramming to ace those finals. All those hours spent reviewing 15 weeks of material can be mentally exhausting, but being able to listen to some music while stuck in a study room can make the time a little more bearable. Here is a list of songs that should be added to your study playlists for finals based on your zodiac sign.

Aries

Aries is the first zodiac, and they always want to be number one. As a fire sign, they’re naturally competitive and creative. So when studying for finals, they would want their mind to be stimulated so they can focus! Aries want upbeat songs, so whenever they have a study break they can sing along to the lyrics. Some songs that best suit them are:

“Getaway Car” by Taylor Swift 

“IDGAF” by Dua Lipa

“Boyfriend” by Dove Cameron

Taurus

Taurus is the second zodiac, and they are calm spirits. They enjoy being in nature and having peaceful nights in with close friends. While studying, they care a lot about their work and grades, so they want songs that won’t overwhelm them to stay focused. Songs to add are: 

Lofi Hip Hop

“SUBURBIA” by Troye Sivan

“Haunt You” by Social House

Gemini

As the third zodiac, Geminis are always on the go. They’re extremely playful and curious souls that want to try everything. When cramming for finals, they need help focusing as they have so many tests and projects to do in such a short amount of time that they’re not going to know how to start. Some songs to add are:

“Saturday Nights” by Khalid

“Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee

“Don’t Call Me” by Eric Nam

cancer

Cancer is the fourth zodiac and they’re known to be the more emotional sign. They show their emotions on their sleeve and will do anything to protect the ones they care about. In terms of study habits, cancers have the mindset to get high grades on their finals but often get overwhelmed easily, so they’re going to need songs that will ground them and help them be at ease.

“COMPLETE MESS” by 5 Seconds of Summer

“10,000 Hours” by Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber

“blind” by ROLE MODEL

Leo

Leos are the fifth zodiac and they’re loyal and passionate once they put their minds to a task. During finals, they’re on top of their work because they know what needs to be completed to obtain that A. They most likely wouldn’t have music playing while completing work since they’re watching supplemental videos through their course or YouTube, but they will listen to songs to unwind during their study break. Here are some songs to add to your playlist as a Leo:

“Kiwi” by Harry Styles

“Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa

“First Class” by Jack Harlow

Virgo

As the sixth sign, Virgos are very systematic and are perfectionists in terms of how they complete tasks. They like instructions and order when it comes to completing their homework and often submit their work a minute before the deadline because they want it to be absolutely perfect for their professors to look at. Songs that Virgos would listen to when studying would be songs that bring them joy and uplift their mood:

“Sunroof” by Nicky Youre

“Wish You Were Sober” by Conan Gray 

“deja vu” by Olivia Rodrigo

libra

Libra is the seventh zodiac, they are constantly busy and their lives during final exams are often very chaotic. They crave harmony and balance in their day-to-day lives. Libras want to conquer their finals so they can leave these classes in the past and focus on what’s to come in the future. Songs that Libras would love to study to are:

“Save Your Tears (Remix)” by The Weeknd and Ariana Grande

“Blood Sweat & Tears” by BTS

“no tears left to cry” by Ariana Grande

Scorpio

Scorpios are the eighth sign and, as a water sign, they are highly intuitive and have an active imagination. When going to a coffee shop to study, they’re very devoted to making sure they write their to-do list of chapters and powerpoints to review before they take their final exams. While focusing on these tasks, more emotional and slower songs would best help them study:

“She’s in the Rain” by The Rose

“Heather” by Conan Gray

“High” by 5 Seconds of Summer

Sagittarius

The ninth sign of the zodiac, Sagittarius, is very intelligent and always on a pursuit to learn more, but in the most efficient way possible. They highly value their academics but also their free time with friends, so they want to prefer quality over quantity when it comes to studying for finals. Sagittarius want upbeat songs to listen to during their study breaks because they don’t want to disrupt their train of thought when actually reviewing material for their courses.

“Blow” by Jackson Wang

“Demons” by Hayley Kiyoko

“34+35 (feat. Doja Cat and Meg Thee Stallion)” by Ariana Grande

Capricorn

Capricorn is the tenth sign and, as an earth sign, they’re practical and dedicated to their studies and other commitments. They plan out their weeks in Google Calendar — everything is color-coded, so they don’t miss any plans and to make time to study in a study room at the library. Capricorns are confident in their ability to meet all deadlines and aren’t worried about being distracted by outside sources. Songs to add are:

“Midnight Sky” by Miley Cyrus

“Love Me” by The 1975

“One Day At A Time” by ATEEZ

Aquarius

As the eleventh zodiac, they’re naturally innovative and progressive in their actions and thoughts. They can easily communicate with their peers and professors to get clarification on assignments, so they aren’t blindsided by their final examination questions. Aquarius like to have fun, and they want to make sure their study spot is a fun and laid-back environment to get the most out of their study session. Songs that would be good to add to a playlist are:

“As It Was” by Harry Styles

“Favorite Girl” by Justin Bieber

“Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) (Feat. T-Pain)” by Pitbull

Pisces

As the twelfth and final zodiac sign, Pisces is the most intuitive of the signs, and they’re excellent communicators and doers. While they might procrastinate on work and assignments throughout the semester, when it comes to finals, they’re on top of it. Setting up office hours with their professors, attending study sessions, and spending late nights in the library — Pisces are devoted to their academics in the long run. When studying, Pisces want to have upbeat songs playing to help them focus and leave their study session feeling optimistic. Some songs to add are:

“Hope World” by J-Hope

-“Message in a Bottle (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)” by Taylor Swift

“Boy With Luv (Feat. Halsey)” by BTS

I hope this gave you some ideas on new songs to add to your study playlists to ace your final exams!

Aviana is a senior at the University of Central Florida studying Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Health Sciences. When she's not studying, she likes to listen to Harry Styles, BTS and Taylor Swift, along with exploring Orlando with her friends! She's also a big Harry Potter and Disney fan, so during any downtime, you can find her either drinking butter beer or eating dole whip at one of the theme parks!