Rihanna’s New Fashion Line: Rihanna for River Island

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As if this Bad Girl couldn’t get any more Bad A**.

Last week the infamous recording artist, Rihanna, added fashion designer to her list of may accomplishments when she debuted her new fashion line for British retailer, River Island, at London Fashion Week. The line is very Ri-Ri with looks inspired by the nineties that are anything but conservative. Rihanna describes her line as “fun, flirty and chic,” but her version of that brings sex appeal to a whole new level.  Because she wants to be viewed as a real designer she decided cast real models: Jourdan Dunn, Charlotte Free, Tao Okamoto, Ataui Deng, and Bambi Northwood Blyth, to be the faces of her campaign.

The fashion show had a crazy rage feel– blasting music, lights galore and featured the models standing on separate small stages in which they would rotate to a main stage in the middle of the runway, as opposed to walking down the runway.  The critics’ reviews from the show were quite mixed. Some thought Rihanna was making a creative, sexy and influential debut to the fashion world while others felt her line was trashy and borderline pornographic—everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The line is expected to sell furiously due to her huge fan base.

Rihanna’s line hits stores March 5 and will be available for purchase online. 

Click here to check out Rihanna’s for River Island campaign.