Other Peoples Property: Fall Swap & Shop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The perfect event is here to kick off the fall: a Swap and Shop hosted by Other Peoples Property! With each swap they bring something new to the table. This time around, they’re expanding the event to Rollins College, and they’re partnering with Urban ReThink to host a book swap!

The Idea behind the swap

When you drop off your clothes, shoes, books, accessories, etc. to CREDO Coffeehouse (706 W. Smith St. Orlando FL, 32804) or Urban ReThink (625 E Central Blvd Orlando, FL 32801), they are laid out into categories with everyone else’s items. Arrive to the event at Rollins College (330 West Fairbanks Ave Winter Park, FL 32789) between 6 p.m.-7 p.m. on the 20th, pay the entry fee which determines the order of entry, and you’ll receive a reusable tote bag from Yelp! Once it hits 7 p.m., everyone is let into the swap and all the items are up for grabs. You’re able to take as many clothes, books, shoes, miscellaneous items as you can get your hands on! There will even be kids, men’s, and plus sized clothing, so everyone is encouraged to come! What’s available is based on what is brought by other people, so invite all of your stylish friends!

If you can’t drop off at those locations before the event on September 20th, you’re able to drop off on the event date at the event location until 7 pm at Rollins College, next to Ethos Vegan Kitchen (330 West Fairbanks Ave Winter Park, FL 32789). If you drop off before the 20th, you’ll pay a flat entry rate of $10, and if you drop off the day of the event the entry fee is $15 so it pays to drop off early! Afterward, the leftovers are divided and donated to Dress for Success (www.dressforsuccess.org), BETA Center for Teenage Moms (www.BETAcenter.org ), and other local homeless ministries. Not only are you getting a whole new wardrobe, you’re helping out other locals that aren’t as fortunate to do so.

What the shop is all about

The host of the event, Other Peoples Property (OPP), is a local vintage shop with a mission to reduce our fashion footprint by promoting buying less brand new items. If you feel like you didn’t find everything you were hoping for at the swap, they’ve probably got it in shop. They carry quality, unique vintage to set you a part from the crowd. Not only are you getting some awesome vintage from OPP, they donate 15% from all sales to charity:water (www.charitywater.org) which brings clean water to billions of people that don’t have access to it. Also, they donate all proceeds on select items to Mission of Hope in Haiti (www.mohhaiti.org).

Also at the event there will be free mini massages from Integrative Physical Medicine. Upon entry you receive a free reusable tote bag from Yelp.com and other goodies provided by YELP! Try to snag some of their chapstick if you can! Also available will be coffee from CREDO Coffeehouse and other baked goods. Hope to see you there!

Find out more here: https://www.facebook.com/events/285089761631161/

Drop off Locations:

CREDO Coffeehouse
706 W. Smith St
Orlando, FL 32804
www.downtowncredo.com

OR:

Urban ReThink
625 E Central Blvd 
Orlando, FL 32801
www.urbanrethink.com

Swap and Shop Location:

Rollins College
330 West Fairbanks Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789

UCF Contributor