This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

After years of acting out for attention, Ye’s antics are officially out of control, and there seems to be little concern. 

In February of 2021, Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from her husband Ye, formerly Kanye West. However, what seemed to be an amicable separation took a turn in November of 2021 after Kim hosted Saturday Night Live.

Kim Kardashian Kiss GIF by Saturday Night Live - Find & Share on GIPHY

On the set of SNL, Kim met her now-boyfriend, Pete Davidson. Since her relationship with Pete became public, Ye has not stopped his continuous attacks via social media on Kim and Pete. While jealousy isn’t unexpected when an ex enters into a new relationship, the way that Ye has been handling the situation isn’t acceptable.

In the five months that Kim and Pete have been together, Ye has taken to his Instagram and asked his followers to refer to Pete Davidson as “Skete” and bully him relentlessly. In Ye’s latest song, “Eazy,” Ye claims that “God saved me from that crash just so I could beat Pete Davidson’s ass.” The music video for this song depicts a claymation version of Pete being kidnapped and decapitated by a figure resembling Ye. After that chilling video was released, Kim had to ask Kanye via Instagram to stop posting about trying to “get rid” of Pete, as Ye’s fans would “take the joke the wrong way” and try to hurt him. In response to Kim’s plea, Ye posted on Instagram asking his fans to back off, claiming he “would handle the situation himself.”

Ye does have a history of mental health problems. However, he’s notorious for not accepting help for those problems. Moreover, having mental health issues doesn’t excuse you from continuously attacking people and using your platform to threaten someone’s life.

Kim and Pete have been quiet for the most part while all of his social media posts have caught fire, up until Pete’s alleged texts with him were released. Pete made it a point that he did not want to ruin Ye’s family and defended Kim for trying to be a good mother and upholding her kids’ positive image of their father. When Ye asked where Pete was, Pete responded, “in bed with your wife.” While Pete’s response may read as immature, he did also claim that he has kept SNL and his comedian friends from performing skits making fun of Ye. This feud should be solved privately, which Pete asked Ye to do. However, Ye said this was non-negotiable, and he would only speak to him in public at his “Sunday Service.” The text chain ended with Pete stating that he’s been civil while Ye has dragged his name through the mud, but this may change. Fans used the news of these texts to further hate on Kim and Pete and build up Ye’s ego, insisting that he was undeniably the victim.

The most concerning aspect of the situation is that Ye’s massive following is supportive of his behavior. His fans do not see anything inherently wrong and have treated the situation as a joke at Pete and Kim’s expense. In their eyes, Ye could not possibly be in the wrong because he is a “musical genius.” He has too many good songs for him to be wrong! He loves God! Ye is just a man trying to keep his family together! His fans will rush to his defense at the drop of a hat.

Ye has sent death threats, put his family through emotional distress and acted like a child with little consequence. He may not regret his actions now, but his words will live on the internet forever, and his children will likely see it when they’re older. He boasts about being the only one who knows the truth yet has an incredibly long list of people that he has beef with — including the fictional character Peppa Pig. He finds amusement in acting like this and has a history of doing so. Never forget the 2009 VMAs when he interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech to discredit her win. Or in 2016, when he called her a b*tch without her consent, then edited phone calls to make it seem like she was lying. In both cases, his fans were quick to hate on Taylor Swift instead of recognizing that a grown man was actively taking pleasure in tearing a young, incredibly successful woman down.

Show Interrupts GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Ye is egocentric and hates to see anyone but him succeed. He can’t stand the idea of Kim being happy without him. He loved the idea that he gave Kim the influence and success she has today because he is obsessed with the idea of having power over people. No one man should have all that power, especially if that man is Ye.

Taylor Swift Abandon Thread GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY
Hailey is a junior at the University of Central Florida pursuing a degree in marketing and a minor in mass media. Besides writing, her hobbies include keeping up with celebrity gossip, reading, making collages and watching TV. She cites her biggest inspirations as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Blake Lively, but deep down knows that some days you just wake up feeling like Nick Miller.