Next Campus Administrator: Hailey Steuer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

If you’ve never met the wonderful Hailey Steuer, then you are surely missing out. Not only is she kind, generous and a hard-working student, but she is also killing the game through bettering herself and going after what she truly wants. She is not only a writer for Her Campus, but she has been an intern for “Girls on the Run”, an amazing philanthropy which teaches younger girls to build on their confidence, teaches them how to deal with bullies and sets forth a curriculum that helps them set goals for themselves while still empowering them. Talk about girl power! Hailey is a junior at UCF and is majoring in Human Communication with minors in Leadership Studies and Business. Along with all of these amazing accomplishments, Hailey also acquired the position of Assistant Financial Vice President for her sorority, Gamma Phi Beta, her freshman year which is quite an accomplishment within itself. She is a dedicated student, taking five classes, along with being involved in the LEAD scholars program in which she completes service hours and attends philanthropic events each semester. She is always willing to give back to the community and never fails to put others before herself. She is intelligent and driven and we will be seeing a lot of her in the future, so get used to seeing her name!

What is your hometown?

Kissimmee, Florida

When and how did you get involved with Her Campus?

I applied my freshman year because one of my roommates told me to apply with her. I ended up liking it so much I decided to stay!

What made you want to join LEAD Scholars?

I loved volunteering in high school and I knew it would be a great opportunity for me to continue doing it in college while bettering myself as a leader.

What made you want to get involved with Girls on the Run?

Girls on the Run is what made me want to become a Gamma Phi (my sorority) because that is our philanthropy and from that I decided to become even more involved because I thought it was such an amazing cause.

What are your passions in life?

I’m very passionate about education and hope to one day have a career at a university, inspiring students the same way the faculty does for me.

Describe yourself in 5 words:

Optimistic, hard-working, clever (that’s what my big sister in my sorority says), focused and kind (I always try to get to know new people and make relationships with them.)

If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?

Julia Paciga, the president of my sorority, because she manages to have a full-time job and accomplishes many tasks that are required from her while maintaining a great GPA and is still so inspiring to me and so many other people that she communicates with!

What is your dream job? What do you want to do with your degree?

My dream job is to have a career at a university after getting my masters in higher education.

What is your favorite show on Netflix right now?

Gilmore Girls! I can’t wait for the revival!

What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to run, hang out with my fam (in my sorority) and my sisters and work at Starbucks.

What do you do to better yourself as a person and as a student?

I commit myself to applying for scholarships and volunteering every week.  

Do you have any advice for freshman pursuing the same career path as you?

It’s going to take a few years, but just keep pulling through and look for ways to gain experience on campus.

What is your favorite memory from UCF?

Becoming an official sister of Gamma Phi Beta because it is an organization that has changed my life more than I thought it would when I joined.  

What’s your favorite memory from Girls on the Run? 

My favorite memory from Girls on the Run is becoming a coach and going through training. This is my favorite memory because it allows me to hold a higher leadership position than I’ve ever held before and I’m really excited to start this week!

Who would you consider to be your idol or an inspiration to you?

My big, Caroline Trussell, because she is driven and focused and won’t stop at anything until she becomes a professional writer!

How do you think holding a position in your sorority has affected you?

I think it’s really shown me how important it is to get experience while you can in college and that you should take every opportunity to be a leader that you can.

Good luck Hailey in all of your endeavors and remember to always believe in yourself because you are amazing!

I am a writing and rhetoric major at the University of Central Florida and I really love tacos and pugs (the dog breed). I am a writer for Her Campus UCF and have been writing since I was eight years old :). My great grandfather won the Pulitzer Prize so I have some big shoes to fill.
UCF Contributor