New Waitlist Option for Enrollment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The most aggravating, nail-biting time of year: signing up for classes. Placing courses in your shopping cart, waiting for that green bubble to pop up, and clicking to enroll faster than the speed of light….there has to be some easier way to get into the class you want without sitting by your computer every minute of the hour. Starting this spring semester, UCF created a way to stress less about enrollment by creating something new: a waitlist.

So how does it work, you ask? Simple. The waitlist automatically auto-enrolls UCF students into classes that are closed once someone drops out of the class. When searching for classes, if the course you want has a yellow triangle (waitlist option), you simply go about enrollment normally. MyUCF will then let you know that you will be put on the waitlist and you’re good to go! Now all you have to do is wait to be put in the class, instead of constantly checking. The waitlist works as first come first serve, which means if you enroll sooner, the more likely of a chance you will have getting into that class.

There is also a unique feature that allows you to see where you are positioned on the waitlist. You can find this by logging into your MyUCF account and clicking on “other academics,” then class schedule; there you can find what position you are on the waitlist as well as what classes you are officially on the waitlist for. How convenient!

There are some restrictions to the waitlist. Not every class will be available to have the waitlist option, as well as you will not be able to be on the waitlist if you have any holds on your account, if you need a prerequisite, or if it is not time for you to enroll in classes yet.

If you encounter a problem with enrolling when signing up for the waitlist, check to see if some of your class times interfere with one another; if so, you will need to use the swap function on these classes in order to attain the course you want.

Waitlists are ready to use when a class is full and end on the last day to drop classes. Enjoy the luxury of no more scrambling to get into one of your classes – sit back, relax and enjoy the waitlist!

Sources:

http://registrar.sdes.ucf.edu/weg/registration_information/waitlist_faqs/

Katie Kardok is a feature writer for the Her Campus Editorial team at the University of Central Florida. Katie is currently a junior majoring in Psychology. She enjoys pilates, photography, and watching football. Fun fact: She is left handed!
UCF Contributor