freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Need Valentine’s Day Plans? We’ve Got You Covered

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Well, collegiettes, Valentine’s Day is only one week away. That’s seven days to throw together last minute plans, to find the perfect gift and figure out what to wear to wow your date. If you’re anything like me, you’d rather spend the so-called day of love sipping wine with your gal-pals and telling horror stories of boyfriend’s past than dining over any fancy, overpriced meal. But lucky for all of you, those aren’t the only options for celebrating Valentine’s Day.

Orlando is filled with all sorts of fun, festive events that are perfect for people of all interests, and they start tonight. Celebrate love in all its forms this Valen-week.

Saturday February 8th

Grab your gals and some walking shoes and head to Audubon Park Garden District for a wine walk. Enjoy curated wines and various art installations for three hours and support a good cause.

The 12th annual Orlando Folk Festival is taking place at the Mennollo Museum of Art this weekend, and it’s free! It runs from 10AM to midnight on 2/8 and 2/9. Bring a blanket, a basket, and your boy and come enjoy the folky sounds and amazing art from artisans all over the country.

Sunday February 9th

What’s better than vintage, vinyl, and food trucks? Enjoying it with someone you love! This Sunday from 1PM to 6PM stop by the Vintage Valentine Bazaar in the parking lot of Audubon Park’s West Corinne Village to scout out some unique Valentine’s gifts for your friends and significant other.

If you’re in the mood for an afternoon stroll then there’s College Park Makers Market where you can check out what local artisans and food vendors have to offer hike enjoying the sunshine arm in arm with your guy. Or, stop by to grab a bite of Orlando’s best at the Daily City Food Truck Bazaar. Support local businesses while enjoying your Sunday with both of these.

If you’re in the mood for some good ol’ fashion girl power then stop by the Semoran Skateway at 4:30PM for the Orlando Roller Derby- Straight Jackets play against skaters from all over Florida, as Team World. Of course, there will be an after party at Friendly Confines (Winter park), so grab your ladies and celebrate being the fierce women that you are!

For the sporty types, head down to the Magic Game at the Amway Center and see the Orlando Magic take on the Indiana Pacers at 6PM, or even a UCF Basketball game at the CFE Arena at the same time.

Tuesday February 11th

Tasty Tuesdays in the Milk District

Instead of ending up disappointed this year, drop a hint or two to your boyfriend; send this link to his inbox or leave it up on his screen. Of course, there’s always the whole, “Oh wow, look what’s happening in aisle five!” (If you catch my drift). Be sure to check out the free Guy’s Guide to Valentine’s Day demonstration in Whole Foods from 4 to 6 PM.

For the literary folk, the perfect place for an artsy date is none other than a reading. Luckily there are several (recurring) readings that are happening this week.  Head over to the Dandelion Café to participate in or just enjoy the weekly poetry slam, Diverse Word that takes place between 8 to 10PM.

The literary inclined can also enjoy There Will Be Words, from 7 to 8PM. This reading series, sponsored by Burrows Press would be a great addition to a date night.

Wednesday February 12th

For all the single ladies out there, scratch Valentine’s Day and the seemingly obnoxious reminder of everyone else’s coupled bliss and go to Redlight Redlight from 6 to 8PM for Galentine’s Day, the celebration of being a single woman.

Thursday February 13th

If you’re wondering where this collegiette will be this Valentine’s week, you’ll catch me at the Social enjoying the sweet sounds of my favorite man, Mason Jennings. Grab your significant other or a cute date, and a pair of cheap tickets and come enjoy the low-key atmosphere and folky sounds of this Hawaii-native.

Friday February 14th

One option for a romantic, and fee, Valentine’s Day date is the Greenwood Cemetery Moonlit Walking Tours. This will certainly be a unique Valentine’s Day experience as participants will partake in a historical four-mile stroll through the gorgeous Greenwood Cemetery.

Of course, there’s always the traditional dinner and a movie, but this sounds like a lot more fun!