This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I love watching the newest hit TV show, but there’s something about watching a show for the 5th time that I also love. I don’t know what it is about comfort shows that make them so, well, comforting, but I can always count on them to make me laugh. Here are my six favorite comfort shows that I could watch over and over again.

Jane the Virgin

Jane Gloriana Villanueva is a religious Venezeluan-American in her 20s living in Miami and working as a waitress at a high-end hotel, The Marbella. When Jane was younger, she promised her grandmother that she would keep her virginity until marriage. Things take a turn, however, when she finds out she is pregnant because of accidental artificial insemination. The biological father turns out to be Rafael Solano, the owner of The Marbella. The show follows Jane as she makes decisions about motherhood, her career and choosing between her boyfriend, Michael or the father of her baby.  

Number of seasons: 5

Where to watch: Netflix

Modern family

Modern Family is a mockumentary sitcom that details the life of three interrelated families all living in Los Angeles. Phil and Claire Dunphy are focused on raising three children. Claire’s brother, Mitchell, and his partner, Cameron, adopted a baby girl from Vietnam in the first episode. Claire and Mitchell’s father, Jay, recently married Gloria, who has a young son from a previous relationship, Manny. The show follows these families as they navigate their careers, raising their children and their relationships. 

Number of seasons: 11

Where to watch: Hulu

new girl

New Girl follows Jessica Day, a bubbly middle school teacher in her 30s, who comes to find out her boyfriend, Spencer, is cheating on her. She is forced to look for a new place to live on Craiglist, where she comes across the infamous loft. Jess moves in with three other guys: Nick, Schmidt and Coach. After the pilot episode, Coach is gone, and Winston comes back to the loft after spending two years in Latvia playing basketball. Finally, there’s Jess’s best friend since middle school, who doesn’t live in the loft but is still regularly there. 

Number of seasons: 7

Where to watch: Netflix

arrested development

Arrested Development is a sitcom that follows the dysfunctional Bluth family shortly after their father, George Bluth, is imprisoned. Their practical son, Michael, takes over the family business, The Bluth Company and the family’s finances—all while raising his teenage son alone. 

Number of seasons: 5

Where to watch: Netflix

Bob’s burgers

Bob’s Burgers is an animated sitcom about the Belcher family, Bob, Linda, and their three children — Tina, Gene and Louise who own and run their burger restaurant. The show also frequently focuses on Bob’s rivalry with the restaurant owner across the street, Jimmy Pesto, and his son Jimmy Junior who Tina has a crush on. Many of the episode names are puns, and in the opening credits, the business next to them has a new, comedic name every episode, like “Little Shop of Hulas” and “Quilty as Charged Quilt Shop.” 

Number of seasons: 12, still running 

Where to watch: Hulu

Parks and recreation

Parks and Recreation follows the lives and careers of the employees of the Parks and Recreation Department and their friends in the fictional town, Pawnee, Indiana. The optimistic deputy director, Leslie Knope, wants the best for her town and will do anything to address and fix the concerns of Pawnee residents.

Number of seasons: 7

Where to watch: Peacock

Happy streaming!

Ashley is a senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Communications with minors in Mass Media and Spanish. She's a lover of animals, plants, and good food. When she isn't writing or doing homework you can find her spending way too much time on TikTok, cooking, or looking for a new houseplant.