Style > Beauty

My Top 5 Affordable & Quality Makeup Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Anastasia Beverly Hills, Tarte, Fenty Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics are some of the most well-known brands in the cosmetics industry because of the quality of their products. However, with high quality usually comes high prices. At least, this is generally what customers believe. I’ve found several high-quality beauty products at low prices that save me a lot of money on makeup. Here are my top five favorite beauty products for under $15:

5. Makeup Revolution: Conceal and Define Foundation – $12

It can take a long time to find the perfect foundation for your skin. Everyone has different preferences on what kind of coverage they like (minimal, moderate, full) as well as how matte they want the formula to appear on their skin. For those who prefer moderate to full coverage and a semi-matte formula, the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Foundation is the perfect product. This foundation is high quality and lasts all day on the face. Another plus is its application brush, which helps control the amount you are using so you never waste a drop.

4. Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Mascara – $3.99

It took me years to find a quality drug store mascara that really gave my lashes the volume I wanted. This essence mascara has an ah-ma-zing formula and makes those lashes POP. It never clumps up like a lot of the high-end mascaras tend to do and the brush works great for both top and bottom lashes. Not to mention the crazy good price!

3. Morphe Continuous Setting Mist – $16

Any setting spray I have ever used has felt inconsistent on the skin because it did not mist onto the face. Most sprays apply in spurts but the Morphe spray is a mist that applies evenly and never leaves your face feeling wet and splotchy. It sets your makeup for the whole day and keeps it all intact. I will never use another setting spray again after using this product.

2. Morphe 9C Jewel Crew Eyeshadow Palette – $12

There are a lot of things that go into a quality eyeshadow. Most inexpensive shadows just don’t have the quality that the high-end products do. However, Morphe eyeshadows are my absolute favorite shadows over all other brands. The pigment in their shadows is beautiful and the colors blend so perfectly on the eyelid. I think that all of their palettes come with the perfect ratio of matte to shimmer shadows. This palette is one of their smaller products. Morphe carries larger palettes with more shades, usually running between $15–24.

1. Morphe Highlight and Contour Beauty Sponge – $8

This beauty sponge is the current craze in the makeup industry. These sponges come in all shapes and sizes and serve many purposes. I use my beauty sponge to press all of the product I use into my skin, including foundation, concealer, bronzer, setting powder and setting spray. This particular sponge is my favorite because it has the flat surface on the top that I use for my concealer on my nose and under eye area. This tiny sponge is my favorite product to use during my makeup routine!

If you are willing to spend time testing products, you will find quality makeup at low prices. These are some of the best products I have found and use every day. It is possible to create the perfect look without breaking the bank!

Images: 123456

Mandie is a Senior at the University of Central Florida. She is pursuing a degree in writing and rhetoric as well as a certificate in editing and publishing. To keep up with her, follow her on Instagram @mandiemccann.
UCF Contributor