This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The other week, I read an article that listed 50 various items that the author loved and recommended. I thought it was endearing and it inspired me to create my own list of things that “spark joy,” as the great Marie Kondo puts it. 

So, here are 10 minireviews of a few of my current favorite things. 

Cat Eye Sunglasses

On a whim one night, I ordered a pair of red retro cat-eye sunglasses on Amazon. I actually really love them. They’re bold and make me feel instantly cooler. 

Wholesome Facebook Groups

I rarely ever use Facebook. I use Facebook so little that I have to ask my mom how to use some of its features. Recently, a friend of mine introduced me to the role of wholesome Facebook groups. I’m now a proud member of a duck posting group, and have even made a couple of posts. It’s made going on Facebook a thousand percent more exciting. I’m sure there’s a group for all kinds of wholesome animal lovers, so I encourage everyone to search for their favorite animal and revel in the cuteness. 

Peanut Butter

Oh my gosh, I love peanut butter so much. It goes great with so many things! I eat it in my oatmeal in the morning, in my banana bread, dip apples and celery in it, smother it over toast, and of course, it’s great in peanut butter cups. It’s salty and sweet and just radiates familiarity. It’s also full of fibers, vitamins and other nutrients that make peanut butter such a healthy and tasty snack. (BTW, Skippy is the best peanut butter. I’m sorry, I don’t make the rules.)

Space Buns

As a self-proclaimed lazy girl, I’m always in search of a super easy yet cute hairstyle that I can throw together quickly in the mornings. Space buns check off all these qualifications, and there are a bunch of different ways you can make them, too. Plus, they look great on anyone, so go try them out!

A Good Sunscreen

My deep dark secret is that I only started wearing sunscreen regularly last year. I know, I know…I was just asking for damaged skin. Honestly, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal unless I was headed to the beach. It wasn’t until I got into skincare content on YouTube that I saw how important applying sunscreen every single day was. And boy, have I seen a world of difference since then. 

Recently, I’ve been using Fenty’s Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen. First of all, it truly lives up to its name — it has no white cast, so it goes on really light and well, invisible! It’s also cruelty-free, vegan, AND has reusable packaging. I can definitely see myself using it for the long term.  

Cute Mugs

A cute mug really perfects the entire experience when drinking your favorite tea or coffee. And, let’s be real, you can never have too many mugs! They’re also great for holding a bunch of other stuff aside from liquids. I have cute mugs all over my room: a bear-shaped mug holding my colorful pens, a Captain America mug for my markers, and a Christmas mug holding my beauty brushes. You can always find the cutest mugs at Marshalls and Target!

Yoga

Again, lazy girl here. If you’re like me, you hate working out. During lockdown, everyone wanted to become a fitness geek, but I just wanted to be able to touch my toes without feeling sore for the next week. Yoga is so simple and easy, especially if you start with beginner videos on YouTube. Trust me, your body will thank you!

Bike Shorts

This is my favorite trend to come about. They look cool paired with an oversized t-shirt or sweater. You can also pull them underneath your favorite dress or skirt and you’ll no longer have to worry about a gust of wind exposing you to the world. Plus, they are ridiculously comfy! 

This Fenty Body Sauce Luminizing Tint

Okay, to be honest, I wasn’t completely sure about this product when I first bought it. It wasn’t something I would usually gravitate toward, but it was shiny, so that was enough to pull me in. After using it for a while, I can definitely say that it’s becoming one of my favorite products! I was worried it was going to be something like a tanner, but it’s really not. It gives my skin such a nice glow and a little bit of a tint that just makes me look healthier! It’s totally a miracle worker! 

A Day at the Beach

I feel like a day at the beach could solve 99.99% of my problems. The smell of the saltwater and the sounds of the ocean will always be so relaxing to me. So, grab a good book, your favorite snacks and a good sunscreen (see point 5!), and just let your worries disappear. Even if it’s for just one afternoon!

I hope there was something for everyone on this list. Here’s to trying new things this summer! 

Chelsea is a Junior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and minoring in Mass Media. Her hobbies include reading romance and fantasy books, binge-watching Netflix, writing for Her Campus and going to concerts. She dreams of living somewhere in Europe some day with all the books she could read and a few cats.
UCF Contributor