My Most Anticipated Book Releases For March 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Like any avid reader who loves YA and adult fiction, I like to keep up with the latest releases of my favorite genres every month. Here are just some of the March releases I’m looking forward to taking off the TBR!

Hello beautiful by ann Napolitano

Ann Napolitano, the New York Times bestseller of Dear Edward, is back with her fourth book, Hello Beautiful, about a man named William that is welcomed into the “loving, chaotic” Padavano household through his relationship with their oldest daughter, Julia, despite coming from a detached and unemotional family himself. For the first time, William finds himself given unconditional love and appreciation — though a sudden re-emergence of his past might threaten his newfound relationships and his future. The sisters’ dynamic in Napolitano’s latest novel is meant to pay homage to Little Women, and as a huge fan of the March sisters, I’m looking forward to the release of this similar exploration of familial ties and testament to the strength of love and perseverance.

Midnight Strikes by zeba shahnaz

If you know anything about me, you know I love stories about time travel and time loops to an almost unhealthy degree. From Netflix’s Dark to The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, there’s something enchanting about stories where time and setting act as much of an antagonist to the main character as a physical villain. Midnight Strikes takes the time loop concept and turns it on its head. Shahnaz’s debut novel follows our main character, seventeen-year-old Anaïs, as an explosion at midnight strikes hits her and everyone else in attendance (get it?) on the night of the kingdom’s anniversary ball. Instead of dying, however, Anaïs relives the day of her death over and over again in a “nightmare-ish” loop, never being able to change anything until she realizes that she needs to work with the prince to solve the mystery behind the explosion– and hopefully prevent it from ever occurring in the first place. With all the court intrigue, excitement, and backstabbing that made The Cruel Prince by Holly Black one of my favorite YA series, and the mystery behind Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, this is a unique YA fantasy I can’t wait to get my hands on.

Pineapple street: a novel by jenny jackson

Pineapple Street is Jackson’s debut novel, which follows the lives of the women of the Stockton family living on Pineapple Street as they struggle to reconcile their love lives with their social statuses. If you’re a fan of character-driven works like Normal People by Sally Rooney or anything by Taylor Jenkins Reid, then this one’s for you! Portraying a Gossip Girl-esque look at New York’s wealthiest, Pineapple Street discusses leaving behind what’s comfortable in the name of love and what it’s like to be an outsider suddenly thrust into the spotlight. The premise, of women trying to find love and maintain relationships while dealing with differences in class and societal expectations, parallels Netflix’s Bridgerton, and I wouldn’t be surprised if fans of the show found themselves obsessed with the Stocktons and Brooklyn as much as they are with the Bridgertons and the regency era.

Chloe and the Kaishao Boys by mae COYIUTO

Marketed as “When Dimple Met Rishi meets Loveboat, Taipei” Coyiuto’s latest is an emotional look at teenager Chloe as she deals with familial expectations on the cusp of her eighteenth birthday. As Chloe prepares to leave her home in Manila for the first time to start her freshman year at the University of Southern California in the United States, she’s bombarded with multiple “kaishaos” (dates) set up by her father in the hopes that she’ll be so smitten with one of the boys that she’ll stay in the Philippines. Funny, emotional, and sweet, Chloe and the Kaishao Boys is the perfect coming-of-age rom-com for girls moving away from their families for the first time. As someone who finds myself dealing with homesickness from time to time, I’m looking forward to reading about another relatable experience — albeit one from halfway across the world.

The Golden spoon BY jessa maxwell

Soon to be turned into a Hulu series, The Golden Spoon is a modern take on the traditional murder mystery. Taking place at a castle that doubles as the set of a reality baking competition, the story revolves around the six contestants, the host of the show, and the rapidly escalating events that lead them to uncover a body on the premises. For those of us who love indulging in sugary treats as much as we love reading character-based whodunnits or watching shows à la The Great British Bakeoff or Only Murders in the Building, this is a shocking debut from Maxwell that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

With so many books being released every month, it can be hard to figure out just what to invest your time and money in. Hopefully, this list helped narrow down options for your monthly book club pick or the latest addition to your TBR!

Tarina Sadek is a senior majoring in Computer Science at the University of Central Florida. When she's not writing, she can be found painting, watching reruns of Jeopardy, or curled up with a good book.