Style > Fashion

5 Amazing Looks From Coachella Weekend One

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I’ve been anticipating Coachella since the lineup was released, so it’s crazy to think that weekend one is already over! If you’re not familiar, Coachella is an annual music festival located in Indio, California. Coachella is known for having several concerts from a variety of different musicians. What I’ve grown to love about Coachella is seeing the diversity of styles on stage. From the traditional boho outfits to styles that give Y2K vibes, I just love seeing the different fashion trends on stage. With that being said, here are my favorite fashion moments of Coachella weekend one!

Kali uchis

Singer and songwriter, Kali Uchis, took the main stage on Sunday with an all-denim look I’m still obsessing over. The eye-catching outfit was denim from head to toe including a denim halter top, a denim mini skirt, and matching denim boots. What I loved the most were the blue butterflies that were incorporated into each piece, as well as a custom and studded belt that spelled out her name. Kali has definitely converted me into an all-denim type of girl.

BECKY G

Singer and Actress, Becky G, blessed us with not only one fashionable outfit but two! For her first outfit, it made me think of streetwear meets cowgirl aesthetic. My favorite part of this outfit was the baggy bottoms. With the baggy style, you can identify her bedazzled undergarment that matched her bra top. To top it off and really make it a Becky G look, she wore Nike Air Force 1’s with a blue swish and a cowboy hat in a blue shade as well. For her second outfit, she went for a more dressy look with a lively blue halter mini-dress with added sequins. She paired the dress with knee-high boots from Steve Madden.

Rosalía

I’m definitely a bit biased for this one because singer and songwriter, Rosalia, could’ve worn a basic t-shirt and I would’ve called it an iconic fashion moment. However, she did not disappoint us on the main stage as she brought Motochella to life. The singer and songwriter wore leather pants and a matching top. To bring the look to life and add some contrast she wore a loose and light pink top from Acne Studios that I can’t stop thinking about!

Remi wolf

I’m always excited to see what singer and songwriter, Remi Wolf, will put together with her unique and funky fashion sense! The fit she wore on the Mojave stage was designed and customized by the clothing company, The North Face. My favorite piece would definitely have to be the vibrant neckties going around her dark bottoms. She sported the look with black Air Forces matched with bright shoe laces. To make it even better, she wore an orange utility vest with an orange top. Fun fact, according to an Instagram post from Remi, the outfit was made with upcycled materials and fabrics!

BAD BUNNY

I’m currently obsessed with puffer jackets and patchwork, but never thought of styling the two together. However, Latino rapper and singer, Bad Bunny, did just that during his headline performance. His outfit consisted of a custom patchwork puffer jacket from the brand ERL. He coordinated it with matching bottoms, definitely making a statement that night as the first Latino singer to headline Coachella.

Bianca is a sophomore at the University of Central Florida studying marketing with a minor in event management. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading mystery novels, listening to music, and taking photos.