Molly’s Must-See Upcoming Concerts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Ah, it’s that lovely time of year again. Yes, the holiday season blahblahblah, but it’s also the best time of year for concerts! November and December are huge months for live music, and we’re lucky enough to live in the wonderfully huge music mecca of Orlando! I’m a total music nerd, so here I give you your November/December guide to concerts I think you shouldn’t miss.

This is usually how it goes: I decide to go to a show, I update my Facebook status, and within minutes I have multiple comments of my friends writing, “AH I WISH I WOULD’VE KNOWN.” Well, here ya go. A calendar of the must-see shows in the next few weeks. You’ve been warned.
Disclaimer: Sure, there are tons of other shows in Orlando these couple of months, but these are simply the shows I suggest. I have the best music taste. Ask anyone, and by anyone, I mean no one. Shh. Just let it happen.

Wednesday, November 28th
Pentatonix @ House of Blues Orlando
Alright Gleeks, this is your time. Pentatonix is one of the best acapella groups in the game, and they’re coming to my personal favorite venue, House Of Blues. This isn’t your normal glee club. They’re taking instrument-free music to a whole other level while covering today’s most popular music. These songbirds won NBC’s “The Sing-Off,” have been featured on Perez Hilton, The Huffington Post, Nightline, and are youtube sensations. You have to hear it to believe it.
Listen to: “Somebody That I Used To Know” (Cover) – Pentatonix

Friday, November 30th
Of Monsters & Men @ The Beacham
This group of Icelandic folk rock stars are my #1 must-see of this season. They’re really really good and really really cool. So go see them if you want to be cool. I think that’s how it works? Anyways, they play lots of instruments, have solid harmonies and rock an accordion. What more could you ask for? Also, Elle King is their opening act and she’s like the indie, more sultry version of Adele. Win/win.
Listen to: “Little Talks” – Of Monsters & Men

Monday, December 3rd
Silversun Pickups @ Hard Rock Live
I saw Silversun Pickups 6 years ago when I knew two of their songs and they were an opening act for another band I was seeing. Yet, I can’t even remember what band they opened for because all I focused on was how good Silversun Pickups was. They are alternative rock with gritty vocals. They sound like memories. If you don’t know what I mean, listen to them. Then go see them live at the Hard Rock.
Listen to: “Lazy Eye” – Silversun Pickups

Sunday, December 16th
Gavin DeGraw & Grace Potter @ House of Blues
Mix 105.1 knows what it’s doing when pairing the soulful Gavin DeGraw and Grace Potter for a show benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network. Gavin sounds incredible live, and let’s get real, you’ve always loved belting out “I Don’t Wanna Be.” Grace is a little more rockin’ with some ridiculously strong pipes. A portion of the purchase of every ticket goes to Children’s Miracle Network, so this night is sure to be worth every penny.
Listen to: “Not Over You” – Gavin DeGraw
“Paris (Ooh La La)” – Grace Potter

Saturday, December 22nd
The Starting Line @ House of Blues
Everyone needs to go to a throwback concert every once in awhile. The Starting Line is the epitome of my middle school music life. I distinctly remember listening to them in my headphones on my walk home from school probably every day of 8th grade and saw them at Warped Tour in ‘07 and was the happiest little emo kid on the block. I’ve moved on from my emo stage, but this band is still undeniably good. They are back from a few year hiatus and back on the pop-punk grind and coming to House of Blues!
Listen to: “The Best of Me” – The Starting Line

Molly Slicker is a Human Communication major with a minor in Film. She is an entertainment junkie who appreciates good humor, good vocabulary and good friends. She gets way too attached to fictional characters and her favorite sports teams. She is inspired by her family, faith and the 2001-2002 cast of Saturday Night Live. Follow Molly on Twitter for mostly sarcastic updates about celebrities and her life's awkward situations or on Instagram for pictures of her feeble attempts at craftiness
UCF Contributor