‘Midnights’ Album Called Out Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Taylor Swift has officially dropped her 10th studio album, Midnights, and besties, I cannot handle it. In true Blondie fashion, she couldn’t help but string us along and take us through a whirlwind of emotions with this iconic album with seven additional tracks as a 3 a.m. surprise. 

Swifties have dedicated every waking moment since the album’s release to delving into the hidden meanings of its 13 tracks (and we all know Taylor’s fascination with 13). If you’re an astrology lover or a Swiftie (maybe even both), join me as we deep dive into the ideal album song for you, based on your zodiac sign. 

Fair warning: read with caution, you may leave personally victimized by the accuracy of your assigned song or with a newfound favorite song off the album that’ll become your entire personality. 

Without further ado, let’s unpack what song from the Midnights album best fits your zodiac sign.

Aries: “Anti-Hero”

Drum roll for the first of the zodiac signs. Aries are ambitious, strong-willed, and a passionate force to be reckoned with. The sign is powerfully independent, smart, and impulsive towards creating the life they have envisioned. Despite these characteristics, this song demonstrates how even Aries aren’t immune to being riddled by their insecurities regardless of the tough front they put up for themselves. “Anti-Hero” is a reminder to take pride in yourself, even the things you may dislike about yourself, and accept who you genuinely are. 

TAURUS: “MASTERMIND”

As a fixed sign, Tauruses are known as overthinkers — those confined to planning out every fine detail in their head — and are stubborn beyond measure. “Mastermind” centers around feeling left out, the ideal song for a Taurus who often feels like an outsider, fears being unworthy, and constantly second-guesses themselves. This will be the go-to song for those craving external validations and losing themselves in the process. 

Gemini: “Question…?”

Geminis may primarily be known for their stereotypical two-faced nature, but this sign is also obsessed with overanalyzing their past decisions. They tend to weigh both sides of the coin in the aftermath. “Question…” describes someone battling their actions, wondering whether the outcome would have been different if they simply reacted differently. This air sign is a powerful overthinker going from “one thing after another” when they need to move forward and accept what’s happened.

Cancer: “maroon”

Cancers are commonly perceived as the nurturing and nostalgic zodiac sign as they feed off of nostalgia and romance. They tend to look back on memories with their family and chosen loved ones, regardless of whether those relationships are lost, and hold those times fondly in their heart. With “Maroon,” Cancers will continue to “feel you” and recall those precious memories, wonder where things went wrong, but find joy in their summoned times with you.

Leo: “bejeweled”

Boy, do Leos crave the spotlight, making no song off of Midnights more ideal for you than “Bejeweled.” This fire sign has some serious edge to them and won’t allow anyone to walk all over them. They sure know how to light a fire under someone, making “the whole place shimmer” as they capture the room with their aura. Leos love being the center of attention, knowing they’re “the penthouse of your heart,” and the token of your admiration. 

Virgo: “karma”

If there’s one thing we know about Virgos it’s that they believe what goes around, comes around. This earth sign overly believes in letting life run its course and allowing justice to be served. “Karma” won’t let you rattle Virgos’ ground while you “weave your little webs of opacity.” Instead, Virgos will always sit back and wait for you to get what you genuinely deserve. 

Libra: “lavender haze”

With Libras being one of the most idyllic of the zodiac signs, they crave strong relationships and have no problem forming bonds with others. They have an aura that draws others to them unlike any other sign; it’s no surprise that “Lavender Haze” is the ideal song for this zodiac sign. It’s dizzying just how much they fall in their romantic relationships as they “just need this love spiral” to stay. Trapped in their own bubble, they want to stay in their honeymoon phase as long as possible. They couldn’t care less for the opinions of others, but their indecisiveness means you’ll often have to take the lead. 

SCORPIO: “VIGILANTE SHIT”

Cross them once, don’t worry, you won’t get the opportunity to do it again. Hell hath no fury like a Scorpio scorned, making “Vigilante Shit” the song that’ll be on replay for every Scorpio around. This water sign is not one to be messed with. Fierce until the end, they love as hard as they hate. Scorpios are known for protecting their heart, ingraining the phrase “forgive but never forget” in themselves as they’ll hold a grudge until the end of time. This will be the go-to song for all Scorpios on your “Vigilante Shit” who won’t “start shit, but (…) can tell you how it ends.” 

sagittarius: “you’re on your own, kid”

Ahh, the sun sign of our infamous queen herself, Miss Taylor Swift. “You’re On Your Own, Kid” is for all those who desperately have to unlearn placing their self-worth on how well-liked they are. Sagittarians give their “blood, sweat, and tears for this” and have to manifest this yearning for love from others to have affection for themselves. This is the song that reminds you that you’re capable of picking yourself back up and coming out the other side with the strength you didn’t know you held. 

Capricorn: “sweet nothing”

Oh, Capricorns, always feeling like you have to dream big or go home. Capricorns feel an intense need to match the speed of all those hard at work, forever feeling like they “should be doing more” to remain in the lead. Despite being kind-hearted, they struggle to maintain relationships with the ones they care for — all in an effort to work towards their goals. It takes them finding the person that wants nothing from them other than “sweet nothings” for them to know being them is more than enough. 

AQUARIUS: “MIDNIGHT RAIN”

Aquarians are known for breaking the status quo, clinging to their independence and self-reliance to reach their dreams. “Midnight Rain” is just the same, requiring you to choose between feeling safe and comfortable or chasing after your dreams. Letting go of the simple life you’d known in exchange for living your dream life doesn’t come without pain but is a worthwhile sacrifice. 

Pisces: “snow on the beach”

Pisces, you’re definitely not known as the sensitive and dreamy sign of the zodiac signs for no reason. It’s easy for Pisces to fantasize, getting lost in their own world when they begin to get enveloped in emotions for someone else, and even moreso when that sentiment is mutually felt. Pisces are an open book with their feelings, falling in love so deeply in such a “weird but fuckin’ beautiful” manner.  

Study Break Zodiac Sign?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

I hope this list truly hit home for you and that you found a new potential favorite song off of the Midnights album!

Brianna is the Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCF! She is studying English Literature and Political Science at the University of Central Florida. Brianna is a writer and creative focused on creating content and publications that promote empowerment among college individuals. She's a lover of Disney, reading a somewhat excessive number of books a year, any form of art expression, & the oxford comma.