Merry Christmas: It’s Game Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Rise and shine Knight Nation! It is time to wake up from those eggnog and Christmas dinner induced comas and get ready to cheer on your favorite team in the best holiday present we could have asked for, (no silly not free tuition…) the Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl! This year UCF will be playing at the Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg against NC State. Over 6,000 tickets have already been sold to eager fans hoping for another bowl game win after our victory last year at the Fiesta Bowl. For those of us who will be staying home to watch the game, we have come up with a game of our own to keep the excitement of football season going even while you are away for the holidays.

Disclaimer: Her Campus does not condone underage drinking! Please enjoy this game responsibly. Remember, if you are under 21 you can always substitute with a mocktail.

BITCOIN DRINKING GAME

Any time Bitcoin is plugged-1 drink

Because advertising made-up internet money to college students is almost as effective as offering us Neopoints.

Whenever the Hail Mary play is mentioned-1 drink

That touchdown by Breshad Perriman during the East Carolina game was nothing short of a miracle, and the announcers will most likely mention it 8,000,000,000 times.

See a person wearing a UCF Santa hat-1 drink

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good Knight ;)

Person instagrams a throwback to tailgate season-1 drink (chug drink if it says #blessed)

If your Instagram looks anything like ours, you will be feeling that game day spirit in no time.

A family member disses UCF football or says that their team is better (2 drinks and a beyotch face glare across the room)

Having cousin John over for the holidays is fun until he decides to start ranting about how the football program at his school is sooo much better than ours (ok crab legs sure).

A football player has their butt slapped (1 drink)

Turn up for men in tight pants.

Someone tweets random combo of yellow/black emojis (1 drink)

Yellow heart, black circle or yellow heart, black square?

Random shot of facey UCF student (3 drinks)

Extra drinks because where do these people even exist? No way they go to our school. Bonus points for spotting Blake Bortles or his girlfriend. 

Whenever you’re overcome with school spirit (chug the whole bottle)

GO KNIGHTS!

Need ideas for what to drink? Here are some game day libations to finish off the season:

Black and Tan

Ingredients

1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lager beer (any pale ale)

1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Irish stout beer (like Guinness)

Directions

Fill glass half full with the pale ale. Next, pour stout beer over a spoon slowly into the glass for a controlled flow until the glass is full. If done correctly, the stout beer will stay on top and the pale ale will remain on the bottom. The gradient made by the two beers gives it the name “Black and Tan”, but we can pretend it is black and gold.

Cran-Apple Cider

Ingredients

Apple cider (non-alcoholic)

Cranberry juice

Cinnamon

Directions

First, rim the glass with cinnamon by sprinkling a small amount on a flat surface and gently pressing the top of the glass into it. Then, fill the glass with equal parts apple cider and cranberry juice. Delicious, festive, and great if you are not yet 21 but still like having fun.

Again please enjoy responsibly! Maybe drinking the whole bottle every time you remember how much you love your school is a little drastic, but it is important that we support our fellow Knights in their last game of the season. Best of luck to not only the football players but also to the cheerleaders, dancers, band members, coaches, and everyone else involved in making our game day experience possible. We are lucky to have such a great program and a fantastic fan base to back it up. Charge on! 

Zoe is a junior at UCF studying Radio and Television with a minor in Business while she waits for her long lost grandmother to tell her she is actually the Princess of Genovia. She loves musicals, photography, waterskiing, and tricking people into thinking she is well rounded. In her spare time, you can find her speed walking around campus attempting to dodge as many longboards as possible. Follow her on Instagram or Twitter @causeimazoe if you're interested in learning about her oh so advenurous life.
Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor