Style

Meghan Markle’s Maternity Fashion Lookbook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Our real-life Cinderella, aka Meghan Markle, is expecting her first baby this spring and unsurprisingly, her maternity fashion is extra chic. Coming from our laid back American lifestyle to that royal elegant look has got to be a culture shock, but let’s all agree that Meghan is rocking all those fancy coats and dresses as a pregnant Duchess. I mean, that fashion has to be one hell of a ride, but our girl pulls it off smoothly. Here are the top five looks Meghan has gracefully pulled off throughout the past few months.

1. Royal Red Dress

This royal red dress is my favorite look on Meghan. The outline around her baby bump fits perfectly and that belt to add the definition to her dress is amazing. Not only was this dress awesome, but this red fabric was representing the Tongan flag for her event that afternoon.

2. Black Bird Dress

Wouldn’t it be great to have hand-sewn dresses for every event? I WISH. In this picture, Meghan is looking like the cliche princess in her delicate black dress. The birds on this dress were sewn with applique, creating art around that cute baby bump.

3. Calvin Klein White Dress

Pulling off a fully white Calvin Klein turtleneck dress and white Amanda Wakeley coat is one of the hardest looks any woman can do, but this style seems like it’s made just for Meghan. Adding a pop of color to her look, she wore a Ralph Lauren olive green clutch and matching heels to make this perfect set.

4. Navy Blue Belt Set

These two piece belt sets have got to be Megan’s favorite—comfortable, yet classic. Not only does the navy blue proudly stand out, but the detail of this belt around her belly is a constant reminder that a baby is on the way! Usually our American accessory is that awesome clutch or those bold colored shoes, but in this case, that fancy beret says it all.

5. One Shoulder Black Dress

One shoulder dresses always have such a feminine touch and I must say, she looks stunning. Appearing at the British Fashion Council’s Awards, Meghan wore a custom designed Givenchy black dress. This dress is a simple but classic fashion statement, especially when you add that gold jewelry. Being pregnant and having that constant glow must be hard to maintain, but Meghan rocks it!

These top five looks truly demonstrate how American Duchess Meghan Markle can look stunning in all these royal fashion statements. Spring is finally here and I cannot wait to see her new baby this season!

Images: 123456

Yeniz is a junior studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Central Florida. Creating a better future through engineering has always been a dream for her, but when she isn't in the library studying for her exams, you can always find her blogging. She loves to discover new fashion trends and traveling through her bucket list. She has always loved fashion and makeup and hopes that her blogging one day can turn into something more than a hobby. If you want to keep up with her feel free to follow her on Instagram or her fashion blog: endlessshine.org!
UCF Contributor